Online Petition of SAT VERBAL GUILT/REGRET/VIDICATION Questi

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Online Petition of SAT VERBAL GUILT/REGRET/VIDICATION Questi
By Sprite04 (Sprite04) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 10:37 pm: Edit

We all need to email the college board and/or set up an online petition. This needs to be a concerted effort if we would like the collegeboard to review the problem. Yes I am idealistic idiot, but whatever!

By Culov (Culov) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 10:38 pm: Edit

Online petitions never work.

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 10:39 pm: Edit

I'm all for it. We have to put justification for both answer choices (guilt and regret).

By Aznboi13 (Aznboi13) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 10:39 pm: Edit

That question must be dropped. We should do whatever we can.

By Ahlawahed (Ahlawahed) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 11:12 pm: Edit

there is no justification, face it regret is correct, i don't know why you would put guilt, what is he guilty, he is not a criminal. Many things that the SAT tests is your knowledge to use correct words in the correct context also.

By Tenniscassieo (Tenniscassieo) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 11:16 pm: Edit

do you really care that much?

By Gneugen (Gneugen) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 11:22 pm: Edit

hey everyone... wait until the question is published. In the succinct context of the College Board's wording, the answer may be more clear than we now see. The furhter in time we get from the test, the more confusing the issue becomes.

By Stanfordhopeful (Stanfordhopeful) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 11:26 pm: Edit

^
Wise words indeed.

Everyone needs to calm down. Its just a test.

By Sprite04 (Sprite04) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 11:28 pm: Edit

We are dealing with early decision deadlines here. A score change consideration and enaction will take some time.

By Gneugen (Gneugen) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 11:36 pm: Edit

I suppose it would take some time... considering that it took them prolly over a year to make that test.. maybe more... anyways, im betting the question stands, i'm convinced its in the wording.. it always is ;d

By Thedad (Thedad) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 02:48 am: Edit

From what I've read here and from an oral re-capitulation of the question, I have a piece of advice: give it up. The question may be a nasty "splitter" question but it's "fair" and I'm pretty well convinced the answer is "regret" and that that's the *best* answer. I understand the case being made for "guilt" and think it's simply insufficient.

One opinion. Fwiw.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page