How to report a proctor

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: How to report a proctor
By Kendra124 (Kendra124) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 05:57 pm: Edit

Can anyone tell me how to contact the collegeboard to complain about my proctor? What exactly are my rights as a test taker?

By Billiam2 (Billiam2) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 06:08 pm: Edit

what happened?

By Kendra124 (Kendra124) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 06:22 pm: Edit

I had this proctor who took off 5 minutes off of each of the 3 sections of the test. She claimed that her watch was faster when obviously we ended and started with consistent times on our watches. She was so goddamn busy talking to this lady outside our door, saying "Oh, don't worry I'll be out as soon as possible, I'm almost done" and then on the last section she was like "come on kids hurry up", which obviously meant that proctoring was taking up her precious time. So now i'm gonna send a complaint because I couldn't finish some of the sections.

By Billiam2 (Billiam2) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 06:43 pm: Edit

while that does suck, what is complaining going to do? it's not going to fix your score, it's not going to make the proctor's life any better. The best thing to have done was to speak up and let them know that you still have 5 minutes left.
I know it must suck, but if you think you did not your best, cancel and take it again. By complaining you won't get and reward at all, i dont think.

By Kendra124 (Kendra124) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 07:50 pm: Edit

The thing is that I did speak up and she told me that i was wrong and that she had the correct time. I mean it just totally screwed up everything, not just the fact that she took away like 15 minutes, but that she got me so pissed off that all I could think about was punching her and writing to the collegeboard. What pissed me off even more was that she spent a lot of her time in the "bathroom". I'm not gonna cancel the scores cause I'm just curious to know what I got. And its gonna be hard to take it again because I'm supposed to apply Early and the only test I could've taken was today's.

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 08:03 pm: Edit

Abuses NEED to be reported immediately. There are enough charlatans in education as it is.

I would recommend that your parents contact the principal of the high school where you tested. They should notify the principal of their intent to report the proctor to the College Board AND the High School. The proctor is more than probably a teacher at that HS and that will get their attention.

Then you parents need to call Customer Service to report the problem and send a certified letter to the College Board.

You will have to retake the test but the score will be cancelled if your story can be verified.

The College Board Headquarters
45 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10023-6992
Phone: (212) 713-8000

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page