Did I get totally screwed on today's SAT II Writing?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Did I get totally screwed on today's SAT II Writing?
By Diconoclastx (Diconoclastx) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 05:01 pm: Edit

Okay the prompt was:
People overestimate _________.

And I put that people overestimate their emotions and sentiments when they make decisions. Does this make sense to anyone? I went on and said that it is better for people to rely on their rationale than to rely on their sentiments. My examples were 1) War with Iraq. People overestimated (over-relied is prolly the word here) on their anger to join a pointless (this opinion was well-shown) war. 2) Microeconomics shows that it is better for people to judge a situation rationally than purchasing through whim. (thus people overestimate the importance of their feeling when they purchase things) 3) Hitler's rise of power. People's over-(reliance) on their emotions led them to support him.

After reflecting about this topic for a while, it seems like I kind of twisted the topic in to my own topic and I didn't use overestimate in the right sense. If I didn't really screw up on the topics I think my essay would be around 11. Will I get heavily punished for this, and how much?

By Diconoclastx (Diconoclastx) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 05:51 pm: Edit

bumpity-bump

By Diconoclastx (Diconoclastx) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 08:37 pm: Edit

feedback, anyone?
i'm quite worried right now.

By Sandy (Sandy) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 08:39 pm: Edit

Listen, your essay sounds good. Don't fret so much over it. Okay?
On the other hand, I completely screwed my chances of getting a good score. I literally bombed bith IIc and Writing.

By Sandy (Sandy) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 08:40 pm: Edit

both*

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page