SAT scores for ivy leagues

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: SAT scores for ivy leagues
By Sherlock1 (Sherlock1) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 08:24 pm: Edit

im applying to the the ivy leagues...from an admissions standpoint, do you think there is a difference between a 1510 and 1550+ or even 1600. Also, is a 730 verbal and 780 math good enough for the ivyies?

By Gabypa (Gabypa) on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 06:03 pm: Edit

bump

By Sherlock1 (Sherlock1) on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 11:39 pm: Edit

is there anyone out there who wants to answer this?

By Sherlock1 (Sherlock1) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 04:38 pm: Edit

bump

By Almondjoy (Almondjoy) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 04:48 pm: Edit

NO, you WILL NOT GET INTO ANY IVY UNLESS YOU HAVE A 1590+. any lower, SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR FUTURE HAVE FUN WORKING AT 7 ELEVEN. IF YOU GET 1580, SIANARA, NO IVY FOR YOU...

HAHA now THATS sarcasm. what do you expect us to say, that your assured IVY because you got 1500+? for an ivy, it seems that all they care is that you can score maybe 1420+ (a threshold, if u will) which will get u into their competetive pool , where they start looking at your other stuff. theyre not gonna reject someone based on SAT, and theyre not going to accept based on just that. it is one of many things u need to do well on. congrats on the score anyway. I am hoping to break 1500 in Nov. too(right now im at 1460). but seriously, i dont think theres much difference what ur score is once you break the mid 1400 threshold. im trying to break 1500 just so that I know i did everything in my power to make my application good, so that i dont have any regrets if i dont get in my 1st choice

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page