Pre-94 sats (ones published before 2nd ed 10RS)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Pre-94 sats (ones published before 2nd ed 10RS)
By Highvocab (Highvocab) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 10:48 am: Edit

i called CB today the smae person who handled my news sats (the enrite xiggi list) said they just porcess the order and handle distibution and shippment. Can anyone tell me form on (which year)was the current version of sats implemented so that i can get the old ones too?
xiggi?

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 10:59 am: Edit

I do not think that they sell tests that were not on the list I posted. For older tests, you may want to check amazon.com used book section and buy one of the older editions of the 10 Real SAT. I bought one for about 4 dollars.

In the end, with your TCB order, the three editions of 10RS, and the tests that are online, you will end up with about about 30 tests. That is pretty remarkable.

The other option is to develop a friendship with someone in India or China. There are tutors and companies that report to have a bible of SAT dating back some time. The bad news is that I have not seen anyone on CC giving a HINT onhow to order them.

Lastly, someone was peddling some tests for 13 bucks a piece but he never came through with them.

All in all, I would stick with the College Board service. It is cheap and effective.

By Highvocab (Highvocab) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 12:50 pm: Edit

which edition of the older 10rs would this be?

By Highvocab (Highvocab) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 01:00 pm: Edit

ANYONE HERE HAVE NICE BIG COLLECTION??

By Highvocab (Highvocab) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 01:19 pm: Edit

the oldest avilable 10rs from amazon has tets from 94 to 97--->where the the sats that aare not in the 2nd ed 10rs xiggi?

By Highvocab (Highvocab) on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 01:43 pm: Edit

any help anyone?

By Ccbrigham (Ccbrigham) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 04:50 am: Edit

Not sure where this post is going-- the pre-94 SATs are, from the student's perspective, quite different from the test you'll take. The old test 1) had antonyms (a pure vocab issue) 2) had a broader range of analogy types than you'll get 3) had no italics on the reading comprehensions 4) had EXTREMELY hard reading comprehensions... think pre-Socratic philosophy or the effect of Mars' mass on the presence of iron oxides on its surface composition...

That said, the first "10 Real SATs" came in a white cover; it was a tall book, but no thicker than a paperback copy of Huckleberry Finn; I'd check Bibliofind or Half rather than Amazon, and if you are really desparate I can send you some copies... though I don't know how I'd do that...

By Ccbrigham (Ccbrigham) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 05:01 am: Edit

Oh, and I have maybe three or four tests from 94-97 that weren't published in 10 Real SATs 2nd ed. They aren't much different from the ones Xiggi got for us, but if you're really desparate for extra practice, well... post to this thread I guess, I don't know

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 11:11 am: Edit

Humm, here follows a bit of repetition and conformation:

First, here is the confirmation regarding the available tests at TCB.

Good Morning Xiggi,
For your other question the answer is no, the oldest test that we have available for sale is November 1997.
Thank very much, may God bless you.
Warm regards,
Jhonny

Regarding the White 10 Real SAT, the ISBN is 0-87447-567-8. The oldest test in that book is March 1994 and the most recent is from 1997. I bought this one on Amazon Used books for 4 dollars.

There was a booklet before called the 8 Real SAT Tests. 8 Real SATs - By College Board Staff
Paperback / January 1997 / ISBN 0-87447-5503

There was yet another book: Format: Paperback
ISBN: 0-87447-5112 -March 1995 - Publisher: Henry Holt & Co - 396 pages

Check this link:

http://www.fetchbook.info/compare.do?search=0874475503

If the link vanishes, be a little proactive. Remember that google is your friend. You can copy the ISBN in the search window and happiness will follow!

It takes less than 5 minutes to order ALL the books I just listed and they will cost you less than 5 smackaroos each :)

By Howdydoody (Howdydoody) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 12:13 pm: Edit

Which tests are included in 8 Real SATs that are not in 10 Real SATs (the white version)?

By Highvocab (Highvocab) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 10:38 am: Edit

ccbrigham -- im highly dedicated student of the SATs ---- those papers are like a key to a prisoner here.they arent on the xiggi list right

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page