THE BEST MATH WORK BOOK?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: THE BEST MATH WORK BOOK?
By Highvocab (Highvocab) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 04:29 am: Edit

i aready have the barrons mathworkbook and the kaplans math workbook and i'm going to get grubers now have money left for three more math books.please advise

By Highvocab (Highvocab) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 11:42 am: Edit

any help? xiggi? anyone?

By Bigman82085 (Bigman82085) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 04:06 pm: Edit

Take a chick to a movie ;)

By Fairyofwind (Fairyofwind) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 04:47 pm: Edit

Word up to that

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 05:42 pm: Edit

Highvocab~

I think you have all the math books you need. If you have money to burn, I would rather see you buy more of the old tests from the College Board.

If you have read Barron's and Kaplan, you must have a good idea about the strategies for math. All books are pretty much equal for math. Some people recommend Gruber's because it is much more comprehensive for math.

If you get Gruber's, do NOT try to study it. Use it as an encyclopedia not a schoolbook. Go to work on your 10RS -or ordered tests- and check your answers while taking the tests and later on AFTER taking the tests. Make sure you look up a strategy that will help you with a particular problem.

Lastly, if math is your nemesis, spend some time analyzing what would be a PERFECT score for you. If you do not NEED 800, your strategy can be very different. Remember that a score of 52 is about 700. Well, 52 is 8 omits and there are typically LESS than 8 question of a difficulty 5. To score 600-650, you can usually omit ALL questions 4 and 5 and only answer the easy and medium ones.

If you have a 800 verbal score, add a 600-650 and you end up with a remarkable score.

By Highvocab (Highvocab) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 12:03 am: Edit

My most wonderful sat-cohorts,
Firstly thank you so much for all your most wonderful advice be assured that my success is contingent on your continued support.Here's what i have decided to do(any comments any at all will be GREATLY appreciated):
(1). get : (1).the spark-notes workbook (2).the princeton review workbook (3)grubers.
(2).Take time of from school so i can do math 24/7
(3).order the older sats from CB (the ones administered beforee those published in 10 RS SECOND edition-- i.e pre-94 sats)

By Highvocab (Highvocab) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 12:06 am: Edit

i'm not aiming for a 800 maths just a 700 (as haas been blatantly stated the college of my dreams).But the deal is the high my math score the better.(700 is below average here).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page