Taking SAT for more than twice...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Taking SAT for more than twice...
By Polly (Polly) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 08:42 pm: Edit

Hello. I'm a high school senior.
I've already taken SATI once, and I'm going to take again this week.

I had planned to take one more SATI in December, but then my counselor said private colleges don't like it if a student takes more than twice the same test.
Is it true?? I thought it's "if taking SAT for more than three times".
Please tell me the truth...

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 10:01 pm: Edit

Your counselor is simply part of army of idiots that have been polluting high schools in America. Another one who was compelled to become an educator for 3 main reasons: Easter, Christmas and Summer vacation.

It is downright pathetic!

By Neo (Neo) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 10:07 pm: Edit

Xiggi speaks the truth. Take that thing as many times as you want; as long as your scores continue to head in an upward direction, it'll reflect more towards the good than towards the bad.

By the way, how about taking an SAT II or two in December instead of a third SAT? If you did well on your first, and you're just looking to do better on your second (and you studied more this time), then you could spring for some SAT IIs this winter. But it depends on where you're planning to apply. However, if you're good in English, then you'll have fun on the Writing SAT II. If you're a math whiz, go for the SAT I or IICs in Math. If you're top-notch in Chem, Phys, or Bio, try one of those. Unless you happen to score really badly, the fact that you took 3 extra (largely optional) tests will reflect well on any application you send in.

By Wjk323 (Wjk323) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 10:09 pm: Edit

SERIOULSY...
WHERE DO THIS COLLEGE COUNSELORS GET THESE CRAZY IDEAS...

TAKE IT AT MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT...COLLEGES WILL ONLY SEE YOUR HIGHEST COMPOSITE SCORES...TELL YOUR CC THAT S/HE IS STUPID...AND IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME...EMAIL ALL THE ADMISSIONS OFFICERS YOURSELF...AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY...

By Andy7733 (Andy7733) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 01:31 am: Edit

well no, colleges will see all of your scores on your score report, but they'll take your highest composite.

By Wjk323 (Wjk323) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 01:47 am: Edit

ok ok...
take will see all the tests...but they will only
CONSIDER THE HIGHEST SCORE..
happy?

By Polly (Polly) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 03:09 am: Edit

Actually I heard it from my father who went to the College Night at my high school, where some college denes came to explain about admission.

Thank you so much for your responses.
I was so relieved to hear that. :D

I'm going to take SATII in November and SATI in December again because I got bad scores on the first SATI.
That's why...
Thanks again.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page