SAT II biology

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: SAT II biology
By Viral (Viral) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 07:03 pm: Edit

Anyone taking SAT II for Bio on Oct 11?
I have a week to study for it, do you people have any tips or know of any resources that are good to study or practice from?

By Tigeruppercut (Tigeruppercut) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 10:11 pm: Edit

i'm taking it on nov. 1

i would say...review ur notes or highlights in your prep book (if u have any)
review all the vocab
do 1 or 2 practice tests

that should be enough,
take a good night's sleep on friday

By Neo (Neo) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 10:34 pm: Edit

I'm taking it November as well. The thing is, I took Biology in Freshman year. However, I've got Kaplans and Barrons with me (my homies), so I'll memorize them both the night before test day.

By Tigeruppercut (Tigeruppercut) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 12:45 am: Edit

whoa neo, im exactly the same here! except i'm gonna do a lil more than just prep the night before the test day

By Entropie (Entropie) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 01:49 am: Edit

im doing the same, but im wondering: is the info on Kaplans and Baron's alone enough to get you a good score for the test?

By Viral (Viral) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 10:06 am: Edit

I took them on Oct 11, adn actually its pretty easy. Princeton review is a good book (not as boring as kaplan). You dont get too bored while reading it. But it doesnt go that much into detail. If you know everything in that book you can get about everything right ecept like 3-4 questions. Whereas Kaplan goes into a lot of unnecessary detail. But if you're shooting for 800 i recommend kaplan +PR. Beware tho! dont get lost in too much detail.

By Ivybound01 (Ivybound01) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 07:37 pm: Edit

Yo Viral,

Do you have AIM? I would love to talk about the Bio SAT II that we both took on Saturday. My aim name is Giggle8000x. IM ME! I haven't been able to find anyone.......

By Viral (Viral) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 10:15 pm: Edit

yea.. mine's Vral14

By Studiousvegetar (Studiousvegetar) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 05:59 pm: Edit

I took it last June and got a 700. I used the Cliffsnotes AP biology book, which was pretty helpful. Good luck.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page