AP Scores

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: AP Scores
By Smiley (Smiley) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 02:53 pm: Edit

Should I have an official score report of my AP scores sent to colleges? My g.c. says she'll somehow mention them in a letter, but I don't understand how it could hurt to send them: Euro (4), US (4), Eng Lang (4), Latin (5), Stats (5), Bio (5). AP Scholar w/ distinction... Please advice :-)

By Smiley (Smiley) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 12:20 am: Edit

bump

By Joel_Set (Joel_Set) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 12:23 am: Edit

hey smiley.. how did you find eng lang compared to euro and us... i am taking lang right now and i am really afraid of the test.. like could u tell me how u prepared and all

yeah you should send ur scores right away.. they are really good in my opinion.. gj!

By Curiousone (Curiousone) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 06:23 am: Edit

Just because an AP score report is not required by colleges and they'll see your scores either way (if your gc puts it on your transcript or makes you send the official report); it'll cost that much more money to have an official report sent to each college than is necessary, but if you're rolling in money, which few people are, then go ahead...

Really, the only college you need to send your AP score report to is the college you get into and decide to attend; it's not like you will get automatic AP credit when they send your acceptance letter. That stuff all comes later.

By Smiley (Smiley) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 10:56 pm: Edit

Joel--The English AP exam is not too bad... I'd recommend practicing a lot of multiple choice because some of them can be a bit tricky... Know the terms really well... Practice some 45-minute essays... If you want a prep book, Kaplan makes one, I think... Just don't worry too much about it, relax, plan your time well and you'll be fine.

I think that English is, in some ways, easier because there's less info to know... Good luck!

By Apguythesecond (Apguythesecond) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 10:59 pm: Edit

Send the report. An official report will give the adcoms less reason to question the veracity of those scores.

By Anduin (Anduin) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 03:30 am: Edit

Curiousone is correct. It's definitely not necessary to send official reports of your AP scores when applying to colleges. However, you should definitely write them down/type them on the application.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page