Proof Reading

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Proof Reading
By Chrisjr (Chrisjr) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 05:47 pm: Edit

Hi, I am looking for ideas/tips with regard to proof reading during the test. After practicing with the 10rsat's I find that I continue to make mistakes even though I proof read. Does anyone have a unique method that they use that works for them? Appreciate it.

By Chrisjr (Chrisjr) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 12:54 pm: Edit

B.U.M.P

By Mo222 (Mo222) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 05:42 pm: Edit

good question. I make mistakes too like this all the time.

I would suggest starting @ the beginning and reworking all the problems again, as many as you can (for math).

By Mk1o3o (Mk1o3o) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 06:02 pm: Edit

what do you mean by proof reading for SAT? I find that really hard to do.

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 06:14 pm: Edit

Make a short list of words that you easily overlook ...

For instance, in math problems, it is easy to be tripped by words like the "least" in a problem with negative numbers. Also, be careful of the definitions of integers ... were they odd, even, positive, negative, consecutive, etc. It is easy to miss the correct definition in the problem statement by going too fast.

Also, when checking answers, make sure you know WHERE you are in the test. If you found an EASY problem to be tough, chances are that you overlooked the simple answer. The opposite is true also.

For verbal, check the analogies and sentence completions. However, I would be very hesitant to proofread the CR. Most often, your first choices were the correct ones.

Finally, remember NOT to omit any questions in the math grid-in. That is a place where you can GUESS at will :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page