Should I bother w/ the PSAT

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Should I bother w/ the PSAT
By Special_Foreign (Special_Foreign) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 06:30 pm: Edit

i'm a sophmore and taking the psat at school. i'm extremely busy with ap classes and extra currics. should i bother studying for the psat if i'm a sophmore. i plan to study for the one that i'll take when i'm a junior.

By Joel_Set (Joel_Set) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 08:17 pm: Edit

If you are taking AP classe"s" during your soph year, then you should be fine. Just take the 1 real practice test that your counselor gave you and get used to the test format.

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 08:21 pm: Edit

You should take it just you know what it's like when you take it as a junior. Don't worry about studying for it, just take it and do the best you can.

By Pookdogg (Pookdogg) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 12:06 am: Edit

If you're a sophomore, this year's PSAT will be different from the PSAT that you will take next year. Remember, the SAT format is being revamped starting for the Class of 2006. Some of these changes will affect the PSAT as well.

Don't waste your time on a PSAT that will be different than the one you will actually take for NMSQT purposes. Focus on your GPA.

By Momof2 (Momof2) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 10:07 am: Edit

On the other hand, make sure you keep your PSAT answer sheet and returned test booklet for next year. Then you will be able to see which types of questions you missed in the test sections that remain unchanged. This is what we are recommending to our own son as a sophomore.

Relax when you take the test and good luck!

By Number9 (Number9) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 08:21 pm: Edit

I say you should take it.

You'll get experience with some of the stuff that will still be on the new SAT, and it'll help gauge where you are as of now. It could serve as a good indicator if you're good at reasoning tests or not (ACT or SAT).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page