Desperatly need SAT II help, what subject to do?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: Desperatly need SAT II help, what subject to do?
By Clipse (Clipse) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 09:40 pm: Edit

im stuck on what 3rd subject to take. I already took Math IC and Writing and got solid scores on those, but i absolutely bombed the literature test getting a 510. I really need to know what subject i can jsut study for without prior knowledge. I took regular chemistry in my jr year, (am a senior now) and im not sure if i should do chem or what. Im pretty good at history but not sure if i should do that. Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

By Clipse (Clipse) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 10:33 pm: Edit

bump

By Billiam2 (Billiam2) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 10:36 pm: Edit

really, the only subjects i think you could do well without studying are

a) the ones you have a genuine interest in and study on your free time (this may be history for you, i dont know)

b) foreign languages that are maybe your first language

c) literature

I havent taken lit, but i just looked at some practice q's. Im terrible at analyzing litterature, etc. but i got all those questions right. If I can do it, im positive you could. You know yourself better than we do. Was the 510 a fluke? or do you honestly think that you cant raise that. Was that w/ score choice or w/out? If its without score choice, you almost have to go for it again. I'd bet you'd do a lot better this time around. But if you dont want to retake it, go with my a) and b) suggestions. Good luck.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page