How possible is a 200 point increase by March 27?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: October 2003 Archive: How possible is a 200 point increase by March 27?
By Mychocopie (Mychocopie) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 07:05 pm: Edit

Hmm...Im taking the SAT Is this Oct. with no prep. I will probably get 1100-1200. Once I take the test, I want to improve my score by 200 points. I plan on going to the library everyday after school to study. (Cant do it till Nov. b/c of sports.) Just wondering if anyone has actually ever gotten a 200 point increase in their SATs and / or if you guys think it is possible. I will probably get in 75-100 hours of prep between oct test and march 27 test. So , is it possible?

^-^ Thanks!

By Wjk323 (Wjk323) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 07:20 pm: Edit

200 points in 4 months is definately possible!

By Uniqueid (Uniqueid) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 09:26 pm: Edit

why are you bothering to take it in october if you can't prep at all? it'll be a blight on your score report if you bomb it. why don't you just take the december test since you can do some prep in november?

By Uniqueid (Uniqueid) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 09:37 pm: Edit

deleting the second post; dunno why it went on twice...

By Mychocopie (Mychocopie) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 10:27 pm: Edit

I would like to see how I do. My goal is 1350 and if I get a 1350 out of the blue, I probably wount take it again. Also, whether this is true or not I dont know but if I was a college admissions officer and saw a 1200 go to a 1450 I'd be impressed. *shrugs* they probably dont look at that at all.... but just my personal thinking. But thanks for the tips, I def understand where you are comming from. :D:D:D

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 01:44 am: Edit

I agree that you should NOT take October.
If your heart is set on taking the test, do not take it in October without preparation. Invest 20-30 hours in reviewing real tests and that will do you a whole lot of good. If you have to, focus on the math. That is where you can get the biggest increase in the shortest amount of time and make sure you know the strategies for analogies.

By Mychocopie (Mychocopie) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 06:57 pm: Edit

hmm, ah well. It probably would be beneficial to wait to take the test but... I already paid and my parents really want me to take it. (They suggested it in the first place) I have adone a little prep, like I have taken 2 practice tests and the PSAT practice test. Plus Ive done a bunch of studying for Math IC SAT II.

I guess Ill just have to hope for the best :) Thanks for your tips

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 08:05 pm: Edit

Mycho~

It looks like you have done a decent amount of prep and that taking the test is not a complete waste of time.

By the way, are you sure that you still score in the 1100 range after doing a bunch of SAT-II studying?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page