Best way to study for the math

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Best way to study for the math
By Mike28 (Mike28) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 07:18 pm: Edit

Well, planning to take the SAT's again in October, wanting to put my math score up with my verbal so I can break 1500, hell if I could just get 100 points in math I'd be fine.

First SAT taken 5/3- 1350(750V/600M)

I doofed on critical reading in verbal, but that shouldn't be a problem next time.

I'd like to get my math to at least 700, a 750 would be worth dying for (assuming I can pump my verbal 50 points)

I studied for about a week, just browsed through a Kaplan book, now taking the summer to smoke this sob.

I'm heading out now to get the 10 real SAT books, probably some SAT II books since I havn't even considered taking them, any suggestions on what I should pick up for math? I heard PR was good for math, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

By Cuponoodles (Cuponoodles) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 07:36 pm: Edit

Exact same thing happened to me. I got a 1370. I only browsed through a Barron's book. I'm going to get at least a 1500. Summer'll give me time to study for it.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page