Taking SAT II Latin ?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Taking SAT II Latin ?
By Amyep (Amyep) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 05:07 pm: Edit

Has anyone taken the SAT II Latin exam ? I've had two years of Latin via Distance learning online, and done very well. What did you think of it, and what was the difficulty level ? Do you think with only 2 years of Latin I would be able to score at least a 650 ?

By Heythere (Heythere) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 07:56 pm: Edit

Where did you take your online course? is Distance learning online a company?

By Girlinbraids (Girlinbraids) on Saturday, May 31, 2003 - 12:08 pm: Edit

Ooh, good question. I'm taking Latin over the summer and have been wondering about the Latin SAT II. Anyone have an answer?

By Icarus (Icarus) on Saturday, May 31, 2003 - 01:15 pm: Edit

lol okay well i've taken four years of Latin at the college level (we use a college level book at my h.s.) and the past two years, i've taken both AP Latin tests. I've done very well in the class and on the AP tests, but the SAT II killed me for reasons unbeknownst to me. I got a 620. In my opinion, the questions are very poorly structured. who knows, maybe it was just a fluke that i scored so low. haha, well good luck.

By Cogito (Cogito) on Saturday, May 31, 2003 - 05:05 pm: Edit

I took the Latin SAT in December, and thought it was quite ok. I've studied Latin for several years, using the British Cambridge and Oxford Latin series. It's hard to judge how difficult the test was, because it really depends on what you've studied. You need to have a solid foundation in grammar (including subjunctive!), and you should have handled some poetry (as well as be able to read sentences, of course). A good place to look is on the collegeboard.com, at the sample questions.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page