Some sentence completions to consider...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Some sentence completions to consider...
By Coloprisco19 (Coloprisco19) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 01:09 am: Edit

4. Vincent van gohs paintings are seemingly -----, with the different moods of the paintings reflecting the different periods of his life.

A) autobiographical
B) reflective
c) odious
d) consistent
e) prosaic

5. The theatre group performs only ---- pieces because its patrons disapprove of ----- ones that ignore established conventions.

a- facilitated / unusual
b- well known / cohesive
c- formal / insipid
d- inane / creative
e- tradtional/ experimental

9. The humanist commented on the ---- of scientific discovery, asserting that although the world could have formulated calculus without Newton, it would never have produced the Symphony in C without Beethoven.

a- felicity
b- triviality
c- symmetry
d- impersonality
e- intricacy

what do you guys think?

By Chichi (Chichi) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 01:23 am: Edit

4. A
5. E
9. B

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 01:27 am: Edit

4-d
5-e
9-b

I'm not very confident about them....but they are my best guess.(690v)

By Dschnapps (Dschnapps) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 01:34 am: Edit

definitely

a
e
b

By Keyboardgunk (Keyboardgunk) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 02:21 am: Edit

im thinking...
a
e
b

By Enzo (Enzo) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 03:42 am: Edit

I would say a, e, b but I will add that the first one is a bad question. What are these from?

By Cogito (Cogito) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 03:49 am: Edit

I think it's

4.a
5.e
9.d

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 06:11 am: Edit

ok.....
a
e
b
Since everybody thinks so and 'a' and 'd' were my last 2 choices in the 1st question

By Drusba (Drusba) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 09:33 am: Edit

a, e, and d. The first is obvious--if something reflects different periods in your life it is autobiographical. The second is the same, a traditional piece is one familiar to accepted ideas and does not offend while an experimental one is often one that shocks the current accepted norms. The third one empahisizes that scientific concepts do not need a particular person in history to create them because others would have done so without the particular person, whereas the passage claims that only Beethoven himself could have created the particular symphony. Thus, impersonality is the answer as it means something does not depend on the particular person.

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 09:59 am: Edit

Oh hell....now I get to know that I got 2/3 of the questions wrong!....well does'nt really matter-I've given my SAT-I twice and I'm not gonna ever give it again.

By Underqualified (Underqualified) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 04:29 pm: Edit

definitely
a
e
d

By Dschnapps (Dschnapps) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 10:18 pm: Edit

sorry

third IS d not b

because the statement doesn't discount the importance of scientific discovery, but just describes it as a truth that can be discovered by more than one person.

By Me1 (Me1) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 11:20 pm: Edit

I would say
a
e
d
Agree w/Dschnapps about #3

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page