SAT II World History

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: SAT II World History
By Mm314 (Mm314) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 04:08 pm: Edit

Just wondering how is the SAT II World History, does it cover the same material on the AP World History exam because I have heard it emphasizes some topics not traditionally covered in the course. I am also studying with Barrons and the test questions seem to be extremely specific, like most other SAT II Study guides by barrons is this harder than the actual thing?

By Greenmoo04 (Greenmoo04) on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 12:23 am: Edit

The SATII is MUCH harder than the AP test, it has so much specific stuff that you have to memorize. I got a three on the AP test, but got only 530. DO NOT TAKE WORLD HISTORY!

By Thefuture (Thefuture) on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 01:22 am: Edit

Hey greenmoo,,, really scared me there... People say that US History one is easy so I assumed that World History was going to be easy too... I took the AP exam and am expecting a 4... Man, now you made me think over... I wasn't even gonna prep for this as I have IIC to worry about... I think I'm just gonna take it for the hell of it...

By Mattymatt (Mattymatt) on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 05:59 pm: Edit

ummm world history satII is way easier than us history sat II..sicne the world is a much more ambiguous subject, the questions are a lot less detailed oriented and specific.

By Thefuture (Thefuture) on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 06:07 pm: Edit

But then there's more areas to cover... U.S History is detailed but the real stuff starts from the Revolution... But World History starts from the Greeks and Romans all the way to present... U.S. is one nation but in World History, it's 100s of them... So, I think you can't say that World is easier than U.S.... Everything evens out...

By Apguy (Apguy) on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 06:47 pm: Edit

I took world twice (once on score choice) and US on May and I can tell you world was *a lot* easier. The fact is that world history covers a much longer time period and in many countries all over the globe.....but it is BECAUSE of this that they make the test so general. They can't ask very specific questions because nobody goes THAT much in depth into the subject. You just learn the overall trend, causes and results of some of the country's biggest events, nothing too obscure. If you did learn the topic in great detail it would take years. With US History however, since the test focuses only on a single country with a history of about ~200 years they can make more specific factoid questions. (The "Ashton" school question comes to mind from the May exam) I took regular world history and the second time I took the test I raised my score to a 660. Not bad, but considering I wasn't in AP or honors this looks better than it really is. So essentially if you took a college prep course (AP) all you have to do is answer maybe 4 or so more questions than I did to break a 700. Shouldn't be a problem if you are doing such an advanced level of work.

By Cuponoodles (Cuponoodles) on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 08:36 pm: Edit

Man, I wish Score Choice was still around. That would be great.

By Apguy (Apguy) on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 10:31 pm: Edit

I know! We had to get screwed right.

I would love taking the SAT writing test a million times till I get an essay question which is easy.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page