Can you take a test in Nov. and still apply early??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Can you take a test in Nov. and still apply early??
By Wawalu223 (Wawalu223) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:15 pm: Edit

Hey guys I got a 710 on the writing and a 720 on the bio. They're decent scores, but my mom thinks I should've done better. (sigh) I actually thought the 710 was pretty good considering Eng is not my first language. Anywayz, I'll stop ranting and get to the point. If i take these two tests again in November will the scores be released in time for ED.

By Mattymatt (Mattymatt) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 01:51 pm: Edit

wats wrong with october?

By Cuponoodles (Cuponoodles) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 02:39 pm: Edit

You might be able to send them to the school directly. You'll have to talk to the school about it.

By Wawalu223 (Wawalu223) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 04:38 pm: Edit

I can't take them in Oct cuz I am registered to take my SAT I's again. How would I send them to the school directly?? Would i get to see the scores before i send them??

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 05:43 pm: Edit

holy crap! I forgot about that. I hope it's not too late.

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 06:26 pm: Edit

Go to the web-sites of the schools you are interested in applying to ED. It should have a schedule of deadlines that very clearly tells you what the last SAT date is for for ED consideration at that particular school.

By Wawalu223 (Wawalu223) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 06:29 pm: Edit

Most of them say "must have all SATs finished by the Nov test date." Does that mean the last ones taken in Nov or before then. God, you must all think I am sooo slow, but I wanna be sure.

By Serene (Serene) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 06:31 pm: Edit

dont worry. from my experience (Harvard EA), I made a mistake that I didn't send them my test scores until November (which would be too late). But I called them and explained my situation and they let me sent in an unofficial copy of my score report in advance before the official report arrives (which takes several weeks).

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 07:13 pm: Edit

I went to a few websites to look for this and see what the wording is like. Caltech said Oct is the last date ED applicants can take exams. Harvard said ED applicants should try to take the exams no later than Oct, with the final possible date being Nov. Stanford said scores must be sent by Nov. 1st which is an SAT date. So I don't know whether you could take the exam on that day or not. My guess is not. Willimas and Oberlin were unclear on the website. MIT had the answer on the application rather than the website. They say "all standardized examinations must be taken on or by the November test date", even though the recommended filing date is 2 weeks earlier, on Oct. 15.

If you've been to a website which says "must have all SATs finished by the Nov test date", I think that means that you can take the exam in November. Try looking at the actual application and see if it is more clearly stated there. If not, you should contact that particular college to make sure.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 08:19 pm: Edit

Some of the UC websites I am checking say by December is alright.

By Vaj (Vaj) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 08:26 pm: Edit

Yes, for UC's December is alright

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 09:32 pm: Edit

for UC's Dec is alright for early decision or regular decision?

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 10:20 pm: Edit

regular

By Aznbrouhaha (Aznbrouhaha) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 11:51 pm: Edit

Serene-- do you know if October is the last test day for Harvard EA ? Isn't it all due Nov 1? Even if you finish in October, do you get to see your scores before Harvard does?

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 12:47 am: Edit

The College Board site says:
"Most SAT scores are available online about 2 weeks after the test date and mailed to colleges, students, and schools about 3-4 weeks after the test."

One of the college sites I've looked at (I can't remember which one) said that they receive all of the scores on a disk from College Board, so they can transfer them directly into their computers immediately.

By Mattymatt (Mattymatt) on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 02:12 pm: Edit

nyu lets u take november thats all i know..

By Wawalu223 (Wawalu223) on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 07:52 pm: Edit

oiy, this sux. I guess my early decision/action school is gonna have to live with my crappy scores.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page