AP GUY!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: AP GUY!
By Sirmoreau (Sirmoreau) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:51 am: Edit

Apguy, did you study alot before the test? I took one of the Barrons test and I only got about half the questions right, i'm only in the regular U.S. History though, but i mean these questions were so f-ing obscure. How many questions is the auctual test and how many can you get wrong to still get a 600? Thanks.
-Kevin

By Apguy (Apguy) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 03:40 pm: Edit

I didn't study as much as I could have and that is why I am taking it again. I read through the Kaplan book once or twice but never actually memorized a lot of dates/events/people and since some of the questions were so obscure (as you said) my score inevitably suffered. I thought the test would focus more on "big picture" questions than it really did.

For a 600 you need about a raw score of 46-48 out of the total 90 to 95 questions on the actual exam. The Barrons test is A LOT harder compared to the real test, so if you are getting half right on that you should still be in pretty good shape for the exam.

Oh and I was in regular US before they put me in AP later in the year (scheduling problem) so not being in a college level course may not put you at that much disadvantage so as long as you put in the effort for independent study.

Good luck!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page