AP MACRO + MICRO ECON

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: AP MACRO + MICRO ECON
By Almostdone (Almostdone) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:44 am: Edit

the course isnt offered at my school, but i was wondering if i could take it after taking the advanced half year course? has anyone taken the test? with the course? self study? is it hard? any suggestions about what kind of review i should do if i wanted to take the AP without taking hte AP course? what is the difference between the two tests? should i take them both, or is one easier than the other if u take only the regular econ course? thanx

By Mr0range (Mr0range) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 02:43 pm: Edit

My school doesn't offer economics either, so this year I bought the used Economics textbook (it was McConnell-Brue), read through the chapters covered on the AP exam, and then bought the Princeton Review Book to study for the exam. I also checked out some books from the library that happened to go along with the course... If you're interested in supplemental reading, get "New Ideas from Dead Economists" by Buchholz (makes the material much more interesting and easier to understand) and "The Worldly Philosphers" by Heilbroner.

I actually didn't get to read the Macro chapters, and only began reading through the Princeton Review Macro section about 4 days before the exam. I spent about 12 hours and got it all covered. I actually felt like I was very well prepared on both sections, although I haven't gotten my scores back yet. I'm hoping for 5's on both.

I would say that its entirely possible to do both without taking the course, and I was very pleased with the Princeton Review book. Of course it takes alot of motivation to do something like that, but I actually find economics very interesting so it wasn't too bad.

Any other questions?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page