When to see scores

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: When to see scores
By Cooljay687 (Cooljay687) on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 09:22 pm: Edit

generally will we get to see our scores for free tonight 12am est prompt? How has it been before

By Cuponoodles (Cuponoodles) on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 09:44 pm: Edit

I think 8 o' clock in the morning...so I'll get em' after school. Don't forget to post em' here!

By Spiffybrownboy (Spiffybrownboy) on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 10:20 pm: Edit

8:00? A number of people have said midnight. Does anyone know for SURE? I don't want to stay up until midnight for no good reason. :(

By Winnerpl (Winnerpl) on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 10:35 pm: Edit

lol I'm wondering that myself. But I remember my friend waiting until he got to school to check his score... :(

By Spiffybrownboy (Spiffybrownboy) on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 10:45 pm: Edit

ahhh, darn. The agony never ends.

By Spiffybrownboy (Spiffybrownboy) on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 11:00 pm: Edit

buuump, I really need to know! lol

By Cooljay687 (Cooljay687) on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 11:21 pm: Edit

lol too anxious.. does anyone who took a sat prior to the may one know if it comes at 12am est thank youuuuu

By Winnerpl (Winnerpl) on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 11:33 pm: Edit

I guess we'll see in less than half an hour

By Winnerpl (Winnerpl) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:02 am: Edit

LOL server down at 12:02 am

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:22 am: Edit

THEY'RE UP!!! 12:22 EST

By Cooljay687 (Cooljay687) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:30 am: Edit

o nooooooo my scores are so low, im panicking, and im a junior and my aim is an ivy! will this hurt my chances... i am in shock

lit 510
us history 610
writing 610

By Sirmoreau (Sirmoreau) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:33 am: Edit

SAT II's are infact meaningless, my theory is that the collegeboard is just using them as a racket to make more money and they're paying a certain percentage to colleges. Colleges, i'm sure only look at specific subject - For example if you're going to be a biology major, they'll look at the biology SAT II, but other than that, they most likely won't even check the SAT II's unless they were outrageously low. As long as your qualified in everything else you'll be fine.

By Cooljay687 (Cooljay687) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:43 am: Edit

sir.. i want to go to upenn wharton, for finance, so should i rack up good sat iis for math? will the writing hurt me since it is required ?

By Starbyrst (Starbyrst) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:48 am: Edit

IM TORN!
690-Math 1
800-US History
760-Writing
Im ecstatic about history, im dissapointed with math, and im glad about writing, its xactly what i got on my psat's

By Sirmoreau (Sirmoreau) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:49 am: Edit

In order to attend WHARTON (in finance) you'll need a very good score, but on the flipside, if you don't get in as an undergrad there is always graduate school. Start preparing for the GMAT a few years earlier then everyone else, get a jump on the rest. 610 in U.S. History is fine, writing you might want to have a little bit higher, however it probably should not effect you a whole lot. I'm hoping to attend Wharton for grad school someday, because Business's only care about where you went to graduate school...either Wharton or HAAS (at Cal).

By Thedad (Thedad) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:52 am: Edit

Sirmoreau is TOTALLY off base on the SAT II's.

Schools as disparate as Harvard, Yale, and the UC's weight SAT II's very highly. The UC's rate the SAT II's as highly as the SAT I's. The Ivy's use the SAT II's (along with essays, recs, and EC's) as an indicator to split out applicants with equally high SAT I scores and GPA's.

By Cooljay687 (Cooljay687) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:56 am: Edit

im still in shock.. the literature 510 is pathetic but what im quite upset about is the writing and the us history. i was about to pull around a 730 in my practice writing, and for my us history, im in an ap course and prepped sufficiently. this really bites.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 01:08 am: Edit

"The UC's rate the SAT II's as highly as the SAT I's."

Actually, the UC's rate the SAT II TWICE as highly as the SAT I.

By Sirmoreau (Sirmoreau) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 01:19 am: Edit

Where are you guys coming up with these statistics? The UC's have to check so much ••••, they literally look at your application for 2 minutes. They check your major and the specific SAT II that correlates with the major. They have to read essays/recs, look at your GPA/classes, your essay and all the extra cirrucular crap, as long as you score atleast a 600 on your SAT, they won't base their decision on that, so it really DOES not matter.

The dad is not reading your application, so don't listen to him (or me to that matter). Everyone around here seems to think SAT II's are so important, yet, they truly don't carry *much* significance with them - around 5-10 percent of the total package. Therefore 600+ is fine, as long as everything else is where it should be. Don't you agree with that Thedad? It is a money racket.

By Cooljay687 (Cooljay687) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 01:22 am: Edit

sir i wish i could agree with you but i pulled a 510 on the lit. i think i totally blew it. it basically show like i cant read with a 22% percentile. do colleges get to see the sat2 percentile?

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 01:23 am: Edit

they KNOW all the percentiles. Just try 700+ on everything and you're fine.

By Cooljay687 (Cooljay687) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 01:26 am: Edit

but im not fine.. arg life sucks.

By Sirmoreau (Sirmoreau) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 01:28 am: Edit

"Would this seem about right (higher %=greater importance)?"

20% SAT I
30% GPA
40% SAT II's
10% EC's/essay

35% SAT I
35% GPA
10% SAT II
20% EC's/essay

but if you have a good hook, the EC's/ESSAY can be atleast 50 percent significance, so it all depends.

By Sirmoreau (Sirmoreau) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 01:30 am: Edit

just show them MATH IIC, U.S. History and writing, you'll be fine.

My sister got into UCSB with a 540 in writing, 460 in literature and 470 in math IC.

By Cooljay687 (Cooljay687) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 01:43 am: Edit

but im not fine.. arg life sucks.

By Thedad (Thedad) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 02:07 am: Edit

SirM, I don't agree with you.

Fwiw, themom is a middlin'-high administrator at UCLA with a long history of various connections to the Admissions office. Matter of fact, she was in a presentation by the Director of Admissions within the past month that covered all sorts of neat stuff about UCLA admissions. You're wrong about the SAT II's. W-R-O-N-G.

It doesn't matter what *you* think but it does matter what you lead other people to think.

If your sister got into UCSB with that profile, there may be other explanations. It's dangerous to generalize from a single datapoint.

By Sirmoreau (Sirmoreau) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 02:18 am: Edit

Really? well, tell themom to hook me up lol ;). Ahh, I have so much stress in my life. In that case, the SAT II's will be my downfall, I take them June 7th. Looks like i'm going to Cal Poly, they don't look at SAT II's. You know, me and themom can talk though :).

Thesister did an unbelievable/crazy amount of Extra Cirrucular stuff and wrote an anti-alcohol essay. Thefather attended UC Berkeley, do you think that may help me get in? I have the same amount of crazy E.C. crap my sister has, but i have a much higher GPA and SAT I scores. I'm pretty confident i'll screw those SAT II's up though. One would think as long as you have decent score outside of the SAT II's and a good GPA, as long as you score a 600+ you'd be fine..i guess not :(. Well have themom come on here sometime so I can habla mucho with her.

By Cooljay687 (Cooljay687) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 02:27 am: Edit

hey.. anyone know if i get to find out what i got on my sat ii writing essay portion, like 1-12?

By Wharton1986 (Wharton1986) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 04:20 am: Edit

i got a 700 writing.
phew!...im pretty releived...not that a 700's any good but i was on the verge of cancelling it..
i still cant figure out how i got a 700.about a fourth of my essay was incomplete and i left around 5 mcs...
guess ets is pretty lenient as far as essays go.

i was expecting a 620 630 on the test.
anyway im regiving it again in june so hopefully ill be able to clear 750.

peace

By Mun9 (Mun9) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 09:54 am: Edit

Just checked my scores before school. Wow- the writing surprpised me but I bombed the math and history!
Writing: 720
U.S. History: 540 (embarrassing!)
Math ic: 610 (also bad)

By Thedad (Thedad) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 11:21 am: Edit

SirM, themom wisely regards CC as a time sink of vast proportions; also, themom has no influence in admissions, else I wouldn't be posting here, at least not openly. Thedaughter regards CC as a source of information that thedad will distill for her.

By Finalnight (Finalnight) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:55 pm: Edit

YES!
2nd time,
770 V
650 M

btw, 1st time was
670 V
610 M

By Studiousvegetar (Studiousvegetar) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 03:04 pm: Edit

I got up at 5 to check. Last time 720M, 590 V. This time 700M,630 V

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page