Which satII should I take next? lit or us history?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Which satII should I take next? lit or us history?
By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 08:03 pm: Edit

I've completed writing and math ic, but I need one more and can't decide whether to take literature or us history. which one is easier (I've heard both are hard) or do you personally recommend?

By Callmecollege (Callmecollege) on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 08:37 pm: Edit

Unless your gifted in reading boring passages, then i would suggest us history, just because you can actually study/prepare for it.

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 08:39 pm: Edit

cool, thanks :D

By Me1 (Me1) on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 08:39 pm: Edit

US history requires a lot of preparation, Lit. requires a lot of natural ability. Personally I would avoid lit. unless you are REALLY good w/that kind of thing.

By Reeses (Reeses) on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 10:20 pm: Edit

what kind of passages are on the literature test? are they similar to the sat 1 critical reading or english ap tests? that doesn't sound too hard.

By Me1 (Me1) on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 10:44 pm: Edit

They are a LOT harder than the SAT I. They are more similar to AP Eng Lang, but I think they might be a bit harder than that too.

By Mariellergram (Mariellergram) on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 06:19 pm: Edit

If you've had a good history teacher, the U.S. history exam is very simple. I got a 780 with almost no preparation. I'd definitely take it over lit.

By Jlq3d3 (Jlq3d3) on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 07:33 pm: Edit

If you have taken AP or even reg us history, take the sat2 us history. I got an 800. Just be sure to review with a book like the ap version of the R.E.A. My friend to both history and lit, he got 740 on his and 540 on lit. he said it was very hard and he got a 700 on the verbal sat1

By Whatsthedealio (Whatsthedealio) on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 07:50 pm: Edit

I agree, Lit takes natural abiliy and history facts can be memorized more easily. Unless you're an A student in English, go for history. My best friend, one of the smartest science kids in school, only got a 3 on the AP English test and I got a 5. She nailed the other ones, tho.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page