HOW MANY SAT 2'S

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: HOW MANY SAT 2'S
By Jlq3d3 (Jlq3d3) on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 12:41 pm: Edit

I understand for most places you need math writing and one elective. If I got an 800 on US History, and am planning to take math in june and writing in october, is there any advantage to taking another elective sat2 even though I got an 800 on US history. Or will they only count the math writing and highest of the electives (the 800)?

By Annami (Annami) on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 03:49 pm: Edit

(bump)

I'm in the exact same position (well, 790 US history) and I don't know if I should take Lit.

Congrats on the 800 by the way :)

By Almostdone (Almostdone) on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 03:51 pm: Edit

im not an expert, but i'd think it depends on what u want to do in college? even if ur not sure, if u are highly interested in literature and u think u can do well on the exam, u might want to take it. but dont do it unless u expect 750+...

By Jlq3d3 (Jlq3d3) on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 12:21 pm: Edit

Also, unless Im going to a specialized school like caltech or mit, does it matter what subject my sat2 tests are.

By Me1 (Me1) on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 12:34 pm: Edit

Jlq, a lot of colleges req. writing & some req. math and/or science for their math/science/engineering, etc. programs. Otherwise, I'd just pick what you would do best in. For taking additional SAT IIs (this is just my personal opinion, not official though) I'd only take them if you were confident that you could do better on them than on math & writing. Like if you got 700s on math & writing, & thought you could get a 750+ on Lit, I'd take it, but if you thought you would do the same or worse than you would do on math/writing, I wouldn't take it.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page