How much can I improve on SAT I?!?!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: How much can I improve on SAT I?!?!
By Rsxman (Rsxman) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 08:35 pm: Edit

I got a 1230, first attempt.

I took princeton review and over the course I got in the low 1300s but to be honest, I kinda slacked off in that class and didn't take it seriously.

I'm taking it again only this time I'm for real. It's supposedly the "Honors" course. I hope its good.

I'm aiming for 1400+. But I would be satisfy as long as I get above a 1350 on my second attempt.

What do u think would be best to help me improve? I'm going to read more, learn more vocab, practice math over and over.

Is a 200 point jump possible? Realistic?!

Thanks

By Vaj (Vaj) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 08:39 pm: Edit

The SAT is all about strategies, so just study and I think you'll be able to

By Virgo007 (Virgo007) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 08:40 pm: Edit

I got a 1220. You can get over a 1400.

By Virgo007 (Virgo007) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 08:41 pm: Edit

Btw...don't take Princeton Review. If you live in NJ, tell me and I'll hook you up with a better deal from another tutoring place, for real.

By Apguy (Apguy) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 08:53 pm: Edit

>>I'm taking it again only this time I'm for real. It's supposedly the "Honors" course. I hope its good.....I'm aiming for 1400+. But I would be satisfy as long as I get above a 1350 on my second attempt. <<

I'm not sure if you know this but The Princeton Review Honors course GUARANTEES a 1400. The course is supposed to be a pretty big success from what I have heard. So I think if you are in that class you are set.

Think of it this way: If you FAIL to get the *minimum* score they guarantee you by nearly *50* points, you still have the score you want! (a 1350)

By the way, have you already enrolled in the Honors course?

As for things to improve your score... You should pinpoint your weakness and work on it. So if you are missing a lot of sentence completion/analogy questions...work on vocab. If you are missing critical reading questions...read some literature. If you look at geometry questions in the math portion of the test and have no idea what to do (as is the case with me)...review some geometry and do some REAL practice questions.

By Rsxman (Rsxman) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 09:39 pm: Edit

Yeah I'm enrolled, glad to hear you say that its a good course.

For verbal I got a 570 which is what I usually get. I skipped 20 questions and got 7 wrong. My friend on the other hand did the complete opposite, ended up with a higher verbal score than me. Apparently guessing is more beneficial than you think.

Math I was just careless.

Pacing is my main problem. I don't have enough time. The proctor also screwed me up in the way she adminstered the test.. oh well....

By Coolcollegekid (Coolcollegekid) on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 04:58 am: Edit

Hey, guys. I was wondering how much you think my score could improve by, too. I got a 1370. My breakdown was 720V 650M. I made stupid, careless mistakes on the math, and 2 dumb answers on the verbal too. But next time I won't be so nervous. Nevertheless, I'm gonna work my way through Grubers (supposedly they have the best math prep) this summer, and I'm gonna go through a couple verbal words. Do you guys think I could get 1470? or...1500? Thanks!

By Virgo007 (Virgo007) on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 10:53 am: Edit

It's a waste of money.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page