WTF i cancelled my MAY SCORE

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: WTF i cancelled my MAY SCORE
By Canofpeaches (Canofpeaches) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 06:38 pm: Edit

AND THEY SENT IT TO ME IN THE MAIL

i cancelled at the test center, and i didnt even fill out half the test because i had the "screw it" mentality in my head. WHY DID THEY SEND ME MY SCORES? DID THEY LOSE MY CANCELLATION REQUEST?i cant even call them until tuesday! WTF?

By Pat57575 (Pat57575) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 07:04 pm: Edit

was it as bad as you thought?

By Virgo007 (Virgo007) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 07:15 pm: Edit

Well if you skipped half the test, you wouldn't do good.

By Apguy (Apguy) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 07:23 pm: Edit

This is exactly what I feared when I cancelled. Some school people are too stupid to take care of this properly. I e-mailed collegeboard with my request also.

Call CB and tell them what the hell happened! See what they say and also talk to your high school SAT advisor ASAP. I'm so sorry that this happened.

By Incognito (Incognito) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 08:13 pm: Edit

<Post deleted because post it was responding to was deleted and user banned. --Obiwan>

By Apguy (Apguy) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 08:33 pm: Edit

Canofpeaches- If you can't call them till Tuesday, have you considered e-mailing them? I've e-mailed collegeboard with a few questions in the past and I have been very pleased with how fast they were able to reply. It's worth a shot I guess. As of right now, try not to worry about it. If worst comes to worst, maybe your school's SAT coordinator can tell your guidance counselor to acknowledge that you canceled your score in his/her letter of recommendation to your prospective colleges. Besides, if you take the test again and get a score that is like 300+ points higher, a note from yourself even, bundled with your new score should be enough to convince admissions officers that this was a valid mistake.

So as far now, try e-mailing CB. Good luck getting this straightened out!

By Apguy (Apguy) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 08:35 pm: Edit

<Post deleted because post it was quoting was deleted and user banned. --Obiwan>

By Haan (Haan) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 10:38 pm: Edit

Apguy - what is the email address for collegeboard? Cuz i've tried to mail them a couple of times and they're responses were pretty mediocre.

By Virgo007 (Virgo007) on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 11:03 am: Edit

I'm a bit surprised. When I sent emails to the collegeboard I got a response in 24 hours.

By Snissn (Snissn) on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 11:25 am: Edit

what'd you get?

By Dori (Dori) on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 07:39 pm: Edit

i sent an email when i had a test center problem and i have yet to recieve a response -- a month later. i ended up calling long distance.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page