Is it true that OCTOBER SATs are harder than JUNE SATs?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Is it true that OCTOBER SATs are harder than JUNE SATs?
By Howdydoody (Howdydoody) on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 01:58 pm: Edit

Please discuss. Thank you.

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 05:50 pm: Edit

How would you establish the criteria for difficulty levels?

Tough texts in verbal?
Curve?
New Problems?

As far as I know, based on a review of about 30 Real SAT tests, I found no patterns. The only salient fact is that the older tests are always easier than the recent ones, especially in math. It seems that CB is introducing 1 or 2 new math questions in every test. It is very hard to comment on the difficulty of the verbal component, since it is so subjective.

Finally, I found the test of January 2003 more difficult than the average test. Go figure !

By Andy7733 (Andy7733) on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 05:56 pm: Edit

one popular theory is that the october tests have a smaller curve then the june tests, because seniors will take the october test, while talented pre high schoolers will take the june test. probably myth, and it probably balances out either way, but its something to think about, i suppose

dont think too hard about it, spend more time prepping then worrying when to take the test

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page