SAT Kaplan Practice Test.. Errored?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: SAT Kaplan Practice Test.. Errored?
By Cooljay687 (Cooljay687) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 04:19 pm: Edit

Took a free practice test as one of Kaplan's centers. Got back my results today, and scores turned out extremely low (650 math 500 verbal). I expected much higher on both sections. I am going through the answer key and my booklet now, and can't seem to find out how I got several math problems wrong. For example:

13. If c=6 and c/d=2, which of the following is the value of (c+d)/d?
(A) 7 (b) 5 (C) 3 (D) 8/3 (E) 4/3

14. If a number is divisble by the first six positive even integers, the number msut be divisible by all of the following except:
(A) 40 (B) 30 (C) 24 (D) 20 (E) 18

Let me know what answers you get.

By Serene (Serene) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 04:39 pm: Edit

13. (C) 3

14. (E) 18

By Cooljay687 (Cooljay687) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 04:47 pm: Edit

Serene, thank you. Those are the exact answers I got (I thought it was rather easy.) My results had them marked wrong, with 13. E and 14. D. I agree with your answers 100%.

These are one of those diagnostic tests with Kaplan. WHat does not make sense is it's been copyrighted since 1993, which means they use them frequently with Kaplan students. I am definitely not the first generation to take this test, so how can they have so many mistakes since 10 years??? I am puzzled.

By Chen (Chen) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 07:02 pm: Edit

Even though I'm sure they've tested it themselves, I don't think many of the students take time to go over the tests and maybe the wrong answers make sense themselves. Maybe the computer just made mistakes on yours because I had one test that just went through unscored! Also, my scores were at 100+ points more than Kaplan's (as I said in my previous post).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page