Should I retake the sat?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Should I retake the sat?
By Jokemaker (Jokemaker) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 12:07 am: Edit

I got a 700 on the writing sat II. Should I retake? Also, I got an 800 on the math sat IIc but a 760 on the sat I math. Should I retake the sat I to get the 800 on math?

By Thepiskickass (Thepiskickass) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 12:14 am: Edit

Punk. I got a 660 on the Writing. I wish I had a 700. I wouldn't retake it. Really it depends though. Do you plan to be a Creative Writing Major or some •••• like that? Then it would probably matter..... But 700 is an awesome score as it is. I want your score...... Gr.

By Rockofeller (Rockofeller) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 12:32 am: Edit

Depends where you are applying to college and if you can realistically expect (or prepare to) get a higher score. Its not worth it unless you improve at least..30 pts i'd say, hopefully more. I would say in the top 20 schools it could be a negative on your app for any major, and for maybe top 20-50, only if you are planning to be a humanities major. I personally got a 710 and will retake in the fall, as I know I could have done better (I ran out of time on MC...*could* have gotten 800), and I am applying to top 20 schools. Good luck.

By Rockofeller (Rockofeller) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 12:34 am: Edit

Oh yeah, theres no reason to retake the SAT to improve a 760 to an 800. With a 760, you prove that you have basically mastered that portion of the test, and the score most likely won't hold you back. But always get a second opinion!

By Dschnapps (Dschnapps) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 07:09 pm: Edit

second opinion: i agree with rockofeller not to retake SAT I

By Jokemaker (Jokemaker) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 09:45 pm: Edit

Well, I'm applying to harvard, stanford, princeton, mit, rice so how well do u think i'll do with those scores and ~750 on sat II of some science? Are they enough to at least have the adcoms consider my application?

By Dschnapps (Dschnapps) on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 12:59 am: Edit

lol, you should be considered

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page