Kaplan Practice Test

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Kaplan Practice Test
By Cooljay687 (Cooljay687) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 04:35 pm: Edit

Just took a free Kaplan Practice Test at one of their centers. Test code was 5036.

ANy ideas on how alike this and other Kaplan tests match the style of the SAT?

I thought the math was not hard, but the verbal was not great at all.

Thanks

By Chen (Chen) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 04:40 pm: Edit

The questions seemed similar to the regular SATs, but somehow, my score always comes out a 100 points less than my actual score...which could prove that I'm just lucky on the SATs, but some of the questions worded on Kaplan tests are hard to understand, so that could be a reason why. They aren't far off. Good practice, but the real ones are better. Also, the questions seemed to follow the homework and lessons of Kaplan which can be either good or bad...

By Cooljay687 (Cooljay687) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 04:45 pm: Edit

Anyone else take a free practice test from them? How long does itt ake for them to mail you the results?

By Dschnapps (Dschnapps) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 07:35 pm: Edit

well, i got a kaplan practice test book. I got 1490, 1510, and 1510. I got a 1590 on the real thing, with an improvement similar to chen's. I think the main difference is that on kaplan tests there are a few bull---- questions that are ambiguous/have multiple possible answers. On the SAT, they are very careful to prevent that. Also, you focus harder when you take the real SAT.

By Studiousvegetar (Studiousvegetar) on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 09:06 pm: Edit

I took a practice test at PR and I scored a 1260. The next week I took the real SAT and scored a 1310.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page