Do top colleges average SAT scores after 3 times?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Do top colleges average SAT scores after 3 times?
By Haan (Haan) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 09:35 am: Edit

Do top colleges average SAT scores after taken 3 times? This is one option that i've heard

The second thing i've heard is that these top schools/ivy league schools still take the best math and best verbal out of the three tests.

The third thing i've heard is that the colleges take the best one time sitting. Like they don't take ur best math and best verbal but they take ur best overall exam?

Which is true?

By Studiousvegetar (Studiousvegetar) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 11:55 am: Edit

I think it depends on the school. The school usually lists the policy on a website/book/etc.

By Godis (Godis) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 12:45 pm: Edit

most schools take your best math and best verbal. don't take it more than three times, because it looks bad on your record. the only schools that i know that take your best one sitting score are the universities of california.

By Dxiw (Dxiw) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 01:49 pm: Edit

well if you took it several times early on like fresh year and soph year and didnt do so well and then studied and took it later junior and senior year as long as its an upward trend, i think its ok.

By Haan (Haan) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 05:59 pm: Edit

Which of these three things applies to Ivy League schools?

I took the SAT three times - the first two times i scored in the 1400's but on my third attempt i got in the 1500's. I really want that 1500 score to count and not to be averaged in or overlooked or anything.

By Haan (Haan) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 07:46 pm: Edit

bump

By Haan (Haan) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 12:21 am: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page