Help Please - Graphing Calc. Programs

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Help Please - Graphing Calc. Programs
By Me1 (Me1) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 10:41 pm: Edit

Help~
I just purchased a graph link today. I downloaded a program to my comp. & using the Ti 89 Graph Link program which I also dld, I attemped to send the program. However, an error came up saying:

Link Transmission Error. Checking the following:
1. Calc is on home screen (it is)
2. cable is connected to calc & comp (it is)
3. Cable is connected to comp port specified in link menu (it only fit into one port... so im assuming its in the right one?)
4. cable matches the one specified on link/cable type menu (i have an 89/83 link cable and it hasnt worked for either my 89 or 83)

anyone have any clue what im doing wrong?

thanku!

By Me1 (Me1) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 11:01 pm: Edit

Bump

I have no clue why it won't work

By Quarky (Quarky) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 11:53 pm: Edit

Some things u have to check:

In the Graph Link software, you have the BLACK cable specified if you are using the serial windows cable ot the GRAY cable, which I think is USB and it's for win or Mac. Or u can just figure that out on your own if u r not colorblind :)

In the graph link, u have to specify what port it is. If u r using that black cable, u gotta specify which COM port u r using. I am assuming it is COM1, if u only have one.

By Me1 (Me1) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 12:05 am: Edit

thanx for the advice... I tried all that stuff. I think i had all the right selections, but i tried the others to be sure. (the port was not # and since I have 2 ports, i tried both 1 and 2 & then 3 & 4 just to be safe since 1 & 2 didnt work). my cable is white so id assume its gray since white isnt a choice.... i tried black just to be sure. and i read through all the directions & FAQ under problems and i have absolutely no clue what's wrong w/it & generally I'm good @ figuring out computer stuff. tnx 4 the info tho

By Quarky (Quarky) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 09:47 am: Edit

Is it a USB cable or a serial cable? A serial cable has a rather thick end, while a USB cable has a slim end on one side. Both have the same end on the other side -- just a circular thing that plugs into ur calc.

By Me1 (Me1) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 11:28 am: Edit

It's a USB cable.

By Coles (Coles) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 05:03 pm: Edit

If you are using the USB cable, you probably should be using the TIConnect software instead of GraphLink. I had the same problem and switching to TIConnect fixed it for me.

By Me1 (Me1) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 05:20 pm: Edit

thanx so much. that worked for me.

By Quarky (Quarky) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 07:35 pm: Edit

Yeah, that was my next step. That's why I asked if it was a USB. TI Graph Link is only for the serial link cable. TI-CONNECT can be used for both, but it's known for some bugs when used with the serial cables. The ideal is:
TI Graph Link w/ serial
TI-Connect with USB

Thanks, Coles

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page