WHAT!!! Help about Kaplan vs. Barron Biology/MathIIC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: WHAT!!! Help about Kaplan vs. Barron Biology/MathIIC
By Ccsgrl (Ccsgrl) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 09:57 pm: Edit

I took a Kaplan diagnostic test for Bio SATII and got a shameful 490!!! Feeling scared and really stupid, I took the Barron's practice test and got a 580 without any studying. Which one is more indicative of my pre-studying score? I heard Barron's is generally harder but Kaplan's pre-test was definitely more difficult.

Question 2

Barron's MathIIC is kicking my ass- I know ppl say its harder than the real thing. Can somebody tell me a scaled Barron's score to the real score:
for example= Barrons 700s=750 real SATII
IF YOU have authority...or if a lot of ppl agree with you, that is .

THANK YOU...

By California (California) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 02:03 am: Edit

For question two, I was getting 620s-660s on Barron's test and I got an 800 on the real thing, so don't worry too much :)

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 02:43 am: Edit

California, when you say 620s-660s, do you mean using the scale in Real SAT IIs for the IIc?

By Serene (Serene) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 03:00 am: Edit

After using Barron's SAT II Physics and having found mistakes in its questions/answers, I started to distrust Barron. Stick with Kaplan. =)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page