Sat II's math ic and iic

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Sat II's math ic and iic
By Xxheat1114xx (Xxheat1114xx) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 03:21 pm: Edit

whats the difference between these 2? does one look better for college than the other and is one harder than the other?

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 03:30 pm: Edit

The IIc is generally a harder test, encompassing precalculus topics in addition to Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry. However, it has a much nicer curve, so it is generally easier to score higher with if you know the topics that are covered.

By Xxheat1114xx (Xxheat1114xx) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 03:46 pm: Edit

but does it look bad for ivies if u take the ic instead of iic?

By Reelcool (Reelcool) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 07:50 pm: Edit

yes

By Apguy (Apguy) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 10:27 pm: Edit

No, it doesn't. 2c is harder than 1c but 2c also has the most generous curve of just about any SAT II to make up for the gap. If you are interested in humanities or anything that is not math or science, 1c will serve perfectly fine and adcoms will NOT even consider penalizing you for taking that test. If you applying to a school like MIT or Caltech etc., then you SHOULD take 2c or it will hurt you.

By Peanuts (Peanuts) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 01:04 am: Edit

i just took two practice tests. ic is painstakingly easy. iic is much more brain-hurty. but iic shouldnt be that hard once u learn formulas and such, and the curve is worth it :- )

By Good_Gal (Good_Gal) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 10:54 am: Edit

If you are weak in Mathematics, do 1c. You will do much better.

By Good_Gal (Good_Gal) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 10:58 am: Edit

My friend got into Williams College with MATHS 2C.

By Good_Gal (Good_Gal) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 10:58 am: Edit

sorry.
typing mistake in last message.
he did maths 1c

By Pickles (Pickles) on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 08:35 pm: Edit

hi

i took a practice test in the peterson's book for iic and found it rather easy. i mentioned this to my friend who is absolutely amazing in math and he said that he found it to be kind of tough when he took it in barrons.

is the peterson's book easier than the others and if so what provides the hardest test?

gracias para existir

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page