Ap comparative government

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Ap comparative government
By Confetti (Confetti) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 10:08 pm: Edit

For the first free response question on the ap comparative government test, how did you answer it?

it asked to name two new reforms/policies over the past ten years that increased political participation within china.

we (the people in my class who took the test) have been asking our teacher how to answer that since every book we've seen always mentions only economic reform but no political... and our teacher thinks it's a mistake... so how did you answer it?

By Quarky (Quarky) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 10:58 pm: Edit

Well, my answer was just BS. My teacher said that the question was actually like backwards, cuz there's been very little political participation.

I just BSed and talked about the mass line politics from Maoism. I also talked about the CCP's control over the nation and said that being a member of CCP allows for political participation.

By Confetti (Confetti) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 03:38 am: Edit

eh, but they asked about policies within the last ten yers... my teacher said that they probably made a dumb error by typing in "political" instead of "economic". if the question was about economic participation in china then it would have made sense.

i too talked about how being a member of the ccp allowed for political participation-- but in actuality, the ccp has been having trouble recruiting members since china's young intellectuals have more of an incentive to participate in private business. so in order to link it to the question, i bs'ed and said that the ccp is trying to offer incentives to top those offered by private business -- and i highly doubt that's even true.

hmph.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page