Ap test scores

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Ap test scores
By Desprateslacker (Desprateslacker) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 06:55 pm: Edit

do colleges see your ap test scores when u apply

By Me1 (Me1) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 07:53 pm: Edit

U have to send the scores for them to see them.

By Ndhawk (Ndhawk) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 12:16 pm: Edit

no schools require that you send them, but they may request it, and if you don't send they will assume you did poorly, the sat II's are weighed more in the admissions process than the ap scores, so if you did well in sat II's then it will make up for the ap's

By Serene (Serene) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 01:08 pm: Edit

on college applications (at least Harvard's and MIT's that I've seen) there'd be a field where you fill out your scores, but you don't need to officially send the scores unless you enroll and want to use the credits.

By Studiousvegetar (Studiousvegetar) on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 10:12 pm: Edit

AP scores are used for placement/credit, not for admissions. However, taking an AP class looks good on your transcript. They only get the scores once you send them, which usually occurs in July after taking the test.

By Lateralus (Lateralus) on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 11:16 pm: Edit

if you do not take a test but took the AP class does that look very bad? i did not think i was prepared enough for my AP Spanish test so i didn't want to spend the money.

By Dori (Dori) on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 06:24 pm: Edit

they'll probably question it.

can you take another year of spanish and take the exam next year?

By Studiousvegetar (Studiousvegetar) on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 02:57 pm: Edit

I didn't take tbe AP US test b/c I didn't feel prepared. (I was in 10th grade)

By Shopgirl1805 (Shopgirl1805) on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 03:27 pm: Edit

What if you took an AP test but not the AP class? Does that look good or bad?

By Virgo007 (Virgo007) on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 03:36 pm: Edit

I'm not sure. My school does not provide the AP classes which are given at other schools (AP Psychology, AP European History, etc.) so I will be taking them next year (that is my intention) without taking the course. But I wouldn't think not taking the course will go against you.

By Me1 (Me1) on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 05:35 pm: Edit

ShopGirl, I think that looks good, b/c it shows that you are putting in the extra effort to go beyond what your school offers.

By Studiousvegetar (Studiousvegetar) on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 05:37 pm: Edit

Virgo007, That's awesome b/c it shows you are dedicated. My school has a lot of APs, but not all. A lot of kids do teach themselves the material.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page