How did you study for math IIC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: How did you study for math IIC
By Testtaker (Testtaker) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 02:46 pm: Edit

Can someone please tell me their study plan. Please include how much you studied in total, what books you used, and your final score. Thank You!!!

By Testtaker (Testtaker) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 09:31 pm: Edit

Also, can you please say what kind of background you have had in math at school ( I just want to get a sense of the relative difficulty of the test. I know that about 10% get 800s but I am wondering if that just reflects a very good math students taking it.)

By Surferdave (Surferdave) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 11:23 pm: Edit

I bought the Barron's IIC book and skimmed through a few of the practice tests -- I can't say that I studied for more than an hour or two. The test was much easier than the practice problems in the book. The math department at my school isn't very strong (I'm in Trig/Analytical Geometry now), but I ended up getting an 800.

By Ndhawk (Ndhawk) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 11:43 pm: Edit

Naturally good at math, I took two practice tests, got 800's on both I think so didn't really worry.

By Testtaker (Testtaker) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 08:10 pm: Edit

bump

By Godis (Godis) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 11:56 pm: Edit

i'm taking the test in june, and am preparing with the Barron's book. i know a lot of people have said that it is much more difficult than the real test, but i'm intentionally ignoring that so that i force myself to study. i read about one section a day and do the practice sections. when i finish with all the material i'll just do the practice tests non stop. to start each studying session, (i know this sounds weird) i thoroughly clean my teeth. floss, brush for five minutes, and then mouth wash. i can't tell you how good it feels to study solid geometry with minty gums!

By Testtaker (Testtaker) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 12:47 am: Edit

hahahaha...whatever works for you:)

By Haan (Haan) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 09:21 am: Edit

Ndhawk - did u have to use a TI-89

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page