SATIIC: WHAT PREP BOOK DID YOU USE?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: SATIIC: WHAT PREP BOOK DID YOU USE?
By Callmecollege (Callmecollege) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 12:52 am: Edit

POLL: With one word titles, could anyone who has taken the sat IIC math tell me what prep book they used and what they got on the test. For example

Barrons-780

help us mathIIC freaks out!

By Qwerasdf (Qwerasdf) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 02:58 am: Edit

Math IIC is the easiest test. I took it in sophomore year (january 2002) and got an 800.

I took it for FUN in June 2002, and my CALCULATOR BROKE DOWN (what joy) on problem 12. I got a 790.

Ok that test is a total joke.

BTW, I overprepared using Barron's, REA, Kaplans and PR

By Callmecollege (Callmecollege) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 05:54 pm: Edit

What could I do to study for the multiple choice for the Sat II Writing Test. Everybody I know is good at grammar and can identify sentence errors easily, yet not me. Heck, there were probably 3 errors in that last sentence I wrote. So could anyone tell me how they prepared for the SAT 2 Writing?

By Lateralus (Lateralus) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 07:35 pm: Edit

why the hell would you take it for fun that is sick..

Callmecollege: I know it seems difficult when you start to identify errors and crap, but trust me, with some practice, it becomes very easy.

By Quarky (Quarky) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 07:51 pm: Edit

Nothing sick in enjoying math. I took the SAT II for fun at first, but after getting an 800 in iic, I chose to go ahead and take the writing and apply to a couple of colleges that require SAT IIs. right now, I am wait listed at Caltech, which will accept 14-15 students from the list of about 70 or so.

By T0fu (T0fu) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 01:13 am: Edit

I wouldn't do that: colleges see all your scores, so if you already have an 800, you can only hurt yourself by subsequently scoring lower.

Anyhow: Kaplan-790

By Haan (Haan) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 01:18 am: Edit

He took it for fun on June 2002 so it is still score choice - he's ok even tho he got a lower score the second time.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page