Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: SATIIC: WHAT PREP BOOK DID YOU USE?
By Callmecollege (Callmecollege) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 12:52 am: Edit

POLL: With one word titles, could anyone who has taken the sat IIC math tell me what prep book they used and what they got on the test. For example

help us mathIIC freaks out!

By Qwerasdf (Qwerasdf) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 02:58 am: Edit

Math IIC is the easiest test. I took it in sophomore year (january 2002) and got an 800.

I took it for FUN in June 2002, and my CALCULATOR BROKE DOWN (what joy) on problem 12. I got a 790.

Ok that test is a total joke.

BTW, I overprepared using Barron's, REA, Kaplans and PR

By Callmecollege (Callmecollege) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 05:54 pm: Edit

What could I do to study for the multiple choice for the Sat II Writing Test. Everybody I know is good at grammar and can identify sentence errors easily, yet not me. Heck, there were probably 3 errors in that last sentence I wrote. So could anyone tell me how they prepared for the SAT 2 Writing?

By Lateralus (Lateralus) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 07:35 pm: Edit

why the hell would you take it for fun that is sick..

Callmecollege: I know it seems difficult when you start to identify errors and crap, but trust me, with some practice, it becomes very easy.

By Quarky (Quarky) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 07:51 pm: Edit

Nothing sick in enjoying math. I took the SAT II for fun at first, but after getting an 800 in iic, I chose to go ahead and take the writing and apply to a couple of colleges that require SAT IIs. right now, I am wait listed at Caltech, which will accept 14-15 students from the list of about 70 or so.

By T0fu (T0fu) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 01:13 am: Edit

I wouldn't do that: colleges see all your scores, so if you already have an 800, you can only hurt yourself by subsequently scoring lower.

Anyhow: Kaplan-790

By Haan (Haan) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 01:18 am: Edit

He took it for fun on June 2002 so it is still score choice - he's ok even tho he got a lower score the second time.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page