PARTIAL CREDIT AP CHEM?!???

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: PARTIAL CREDIT AP CHEM?!???
By Rsxman (Rsxman) on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 06:25 pm: Edit

Hey everybody,

I understand that you get partial credit on problems. As you know, each question builds on teh previous question. So basically you use the answer you got for the previous question and use it on the next. Suppose you get the wrong answer and continue to work with that wrong answer through the entire question.

Now suppose to method of getting the answers are correct and consistent with each of the previous parts. But if I got the very first question wrong due to an arithmetic error, would I get partial credit for the others?

Take Part II question 1. You had to find the expression, which I got. Then find the constant, which I got wrong because of mathematical error. But the method I used is the correct way of finding it. Because of that, that throws off all my other answers in the latter part of the problem....what's going to happen?

By Sixtoes (Sixtoes) on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 06:30 pm: Edit

youll get full credit for the others, as long as they are consistent with previous answers. the graders will actually go through and follow your work even with wrong initial values, if they get the same answer as you then youre good to go.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page