Best IIC Math Books?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Best IIC Math Books?
By Me1 (Me1) on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 05:17 pm: Edit

I have Kaplan, but I just picked it randomly. I heard PR is good. Anyone else have any recommendations?

Also, does anyone who has used Kaplan know if the sample IIC's are accurate? If not, are they easier or harder? thanx

=)

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 10:40 pm: Edit

i have the REA and i like it

By California (California) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 12:18 am: Edit

I used Kaplan first, and when I ran out of practice tests I got Barron's. On my Kaplan tests I was getting about 780, and after much more studying, I was getting about 640s with Barron. I liked Barrron's because I had about a month to use it, and it covered everything really well. I knew it was harder than the real thing while I was using it, so I didn't get discouraged. When I got to the actual test, I had plenty of time to anwser 49 of the questions and double check them (one of the questions I didn't have a clue on and decided it wasn't worth my time). I'll let you know how I actually did tomorrow :) If you have time, get Barron's, if not Kaplans had a pretty decent review thats not quite as difficult but more realistic. Good luck!

By Ndhawk (Ndhawk) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 12:46 am: Edit

I used pr, it helped, but I'm naturally good at math and know how to use the 89 so I think I would've done well regardless.

By Qwerasdf (Qwerasdf) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 02:56 am: Edit

Dude, PR, KAplans are all too realistic and easy.

Do Barron's like I did. I was getting -10 on the night before the test, and I got an easy 800 on the next day. I was like WTF!!! Uhhh I guess I just revelaed the secret.

You should be like me naive and stupid. I thought Kaplans and PR were fake, so I did Barron's like MAD. I was so unsatisified and I kept thinking I only got a 780. I most likely only had 1 error (the 1 I omitted) on the real test. Dang... Now I guess you won't be able to force yourself to get an 800 on Barron's and to do those tests... hahaha.

By Azura (Azura) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 08:03 pm: Edit

so it seems like barron's math IIc is the best one then?

By Godis (Godis) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 04:01 pm: Edit

Qwerasdf, what did you mean when you wrote that you were getting -10?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page