AP TEST ADMINISTRATION PROBLEMS

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: AP TEST ADMINISTRATION PROBLEMS
By Dori (Dori) on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 07:31 pm: Edit

what should i do if there were administration prolems for my AP test?

we started after 1 pm, (req'd start between 12 and 1)
we were given 2 minutes less than we should have on MC
she didn't collect essay books properly, we just meandered to the back of the auditorium and placed them on a table, conversing and sharing answers on the way up.

if i report this will me scores be invalidated?? what should i do?

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 07:50 pm: Edit

Dori - go to this thread for some else's experience reporting irregularities to the College Board:
College Discussion Forums: Parents Forum: A Cautionary Tale
I think the first post was dated mid-April.

By Rowan (Rowan) on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 12:59 am: Edit

Here's a rather relevant tale:

While taking the AP English Language/Composition test, a friend of mine who was sitting across from me while the test was going freaked out because the buzzer rang before he'd finished his multiple choice. Several other people in the room agreed; all went to complain to the AP proctor the day of the test (immediately after, in fact).

He tested the timer; it was indeed 3 minutes fast, meaning we lost a total of 9 minutes on the test -- where every second counts. Because he's legally obligated, he reported to the College Board.

Their response, paraphrased: "We've marked your tests for possible time discrepancies. When our readers go over them in late June, they will decide whether or not the missing time adversely and significantly affected the scores. If there does turn out to be a problem, the test will be readministered at a later date."

Possible scenarios:
1) We are called in sometime during the summer/fall to retake the test (very unlikely)
2) Our score reports are delayed (most likely)
3) Our scores are canceled completely (hahah -- in a million years)
4) We get a nifty "glow" effect where they bump up our scores to make up for any possible 'problems' and just get us out of the way
5) Something else entirely.

From a legal standpoint (read: LAWSUITS), my English teacher seems to think that 4 is most likely. I think 5 -- that nothing happens, and they just give us scores like anyone else, putting it off to bad time management.

Guess I'll see in July, huh?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page