AP World History

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: AP World History
By Muawan (Muawan) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 07:38 pm: Edit

Did anyone take the APWH? If so what did you think?

By Enzyme (Enzyme) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 07:52 pm: Edit

The DBQ was way out of left field. It was on indentured servants. Comon, that sucks. There were more graphs, pictures and charts than actual words for the documents. I found it hard to inc

By Aplove (Aplove) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 07:56 pm: Edit

yeah, but the dbq was deffinitly easy compared to those other two questions they were such piece of crap questions that were so hard to write anything about... they deffinitly gave me a swift kick in the pants. But overall the multiple choice weren't that bad, but those F U C K I N G essays---AHHH the women one was crap 1750-1914 let me see how women were treated then GEE I DON'T KNOW! WHO KNOWS

By Future (Future) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 10:17 pm: Edit

I agree with Aplove... I thought the multiple choice were not bad... The DBQ was easy like ••••... The second essay, I wrote about the Islam and European contact... The third one, I just couldn't think of much... I chose Europe and Africa... But didn't have much to write about... I think I did alright overall...

By Future (Future) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 10:20 pm: Edit

What was the answer to the Marx and Lenin question??? I put like C... Tell me if you know...

By Mmalik111 (Mmalik111) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 10:24 pm: Edit

yeah the dbq was random and the documents were horrible, on top of that they expect you to use all or all but one of the documents...this is why ap world sucks compared to ap us or ap euro. the other two essays werent that bad i the only mistake i made was thinking the mughals came in the 1300s, hopefully tho with an insane curve like last years we'll all do fine

By Future (Future) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 10:30 pm: Edit

what was the curve last year???

By Mmalik111 (Mmalik111) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 10:40 pm: Edit

uh, not sure but because its a new course and the rubrics are still kind of vague and in a process of refinement the grading was A LOT more lenient, virtually everyone in my school last year got above a 3, and my school is nothing special

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 06:04 pm: Edit

The DBQ was insane. I told my history teacher, and he couldn't believe me. OMG, we studied the role of women like every month in EVERY culture. When I saw that gender question, I was praying to God!!!! I hope I did well on the DBQ.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page