OFFICIAL PHYSICS B THREAD

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: OFFICIAL PHYSICS B THREAD
By Stupid_Guy (Stupid_Guy) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 07:30 pm: Edit

if you have taken the physics B test please post your thoughts.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 07:53 pm: Edit

I am not in Physics but I will post anyways
*posts*

By Achang2 (Achang2) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 08:04 pm: Edit

I posted already elsewhere, but whatever: That exam sucked my negatively charged current-inducted rod!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I found the MC alright but the open-ended made me feel like I had a concave mirror of radius of curvature 30km lodged in my ass!!!! How did you find it? Better than me I hope!!

By Acdbx (Acdbx) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 08:16 pm: Edit

the FR was freakin hard.. i don't think any review book had any of the same types of questions[i had kaplan]..

the MC was a lot easier than the practice ones i took in class

By Stanfordhopeful (Stanfordhopeful) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 08:18 pm: Edit

did anyone get 985 and 993 for the diver problem?

By Stupid_Guy (Stupid_Guy) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 09:42 pm: Edit

you guys are so darn right. the freakin Free response was bloody hard.

Hey, for the magnet rail gun question, did anyone you leave the variable "delta t" in your answer?

By Andy7733 (Andy7733) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 10:24 pm: Edit

free response destroyed me. i saw the first one, did it quickly, saw the second one. then flipped to the third, then fourth, fifth, etc. etc. what a bloody mess.

By Hbdesi (Hbdesi) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 10:29 pm: Edit

hey.. can u guys post the curve for last years physics test? the one wit the 12% pass rate...

i heard a 75%+ is a 5, 40%+ is a 4 and 30%-3(% is a 3. those #s jsut look a bt off.. can some1 confirm?

By Starbyrst (Starbyrst) on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 05:03 pm: Edit

haha, yeah it was hell
I had Princeton REVIEW and I almost flipped when i looked at it after the test, it had like 3 pages just about the rail gun free response! ahhh!
if only i had seen it just a little sooner.

By Rocket1406 (Rocket1406) on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 05:52 pm: Edit

Ok. Here's my story ... I took Honors Physics and an independent AP Physics B study program afterschool at my school (one day a week for one hour). Before the AP Exam on Monday, I crammed in as much of the review book (PRINCETON REVIEW) as I could (I didn't understand 80% of it).

On the AP PHYSICS B EXAM:
I OMITTED 15
I Guessed on 40
I am SURE about 15
Part 2s: I guessed on all of them and bullshi*ed them ... HOWEVER, I did manage to write something for every part (whether it be completely wrong, I still wrote). Will they give me any points for "trying". Like maybe 5/15 on each part 2 or no? Are they straight 0s ?

Also, please estimate my score:
(I personally think I got a 1 or a 2, because I don't really know the curve) Darn I wish my school had an AP Physics B class.

By Edp (Edp) on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 05:43 pm: Edit

depending on formulas and stuff that u might have written done on the FR sheet, maybe 2-3 points per problem. um depending on how you did on the 40 u guessed on, like if u got them all, u might get a three, with the MC+FR average. But yeah, u probably got a two, maybe a one...

By Usc_Princess (Usc_Princess) on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 07:29 pm: Edit

Okay.. my class was kinda CP/AP which ended up as a kinda mushy honors course.. we had just been getting the circuits the day i had taken the test.. I read most of the princeton review book but didn't understand the whole magnetism thing.. so i basically skipped all of those.. I think i skipped about 13 MC.. i think i'll do alright, i mean suposedly to get a 3 you only have to get 4 out of 5 points on each free response question..

I only knew for sure how to answer the rope force problem, the lens problem and i kinda figured out the underwater one...

By the way, we didn't learn thermodynamics at all this year.. or nothing to do with water or pressure, but i think i'll do just fine, i'm really not worried..

Remember, it's just an AP Test =)

I've already gotten into college, so if i pass wow, if not, oh well.. i'm going to be a music major!!

By Sar (Sar) on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 08:49 pm: Edit

Wasn't nuclear/atomic physics supposed to have been taken out of the curriculum to make way for fluid dynamics?? The curriculum posted on the collegeboard site doesn't seem to have anything to do with "constituent nucleons" and stuff. Does it?

We didn't even TOUCH nuclear reactions in class!

I just wrote random formulas for the FRs I didn't know...

Definitely left out a negative sign in one of the MC problems, and guessed all the nuclear stuff wrong. *curses*

By Tbone (Tbone) on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 09:56 pm: Edit

Special Relativity was taken out for Fluids.

By Sar (Sar) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 06:08 pm: Edit

ohhhh. okay.
*curses teacher*

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page