Is collegeboard.com accurate?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Is collegeboard.com accurate?
By Skiesofamber (Skiesofamber) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 04:07 pm: Edit

I was registered to take the April SAT, but my testing center did not have power that day, so I took a make-up one on April 26, I believe. They said in the note I was sent that results would be expedited.

Yesterday I was on the website, and clicked "view scores" (the one where you do not have to pay), and saw they have my scores recorded at an 800 math and a 790 verbal! I'm really excited, but there's this nagging fear that there was somehow a mistake. Are the scores the college board shows under your name always accurate, even before score sheets are sent out?

By Krazematrix (Krazematrix) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 04:14 pm: Edit

Congrats!

Yes those would be your scores, and the odds of it being a mistake are extremely small.

What did you do to prep by the way? Or did you wing it?

By Skiesofamber (Skiesofamber) on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 07:22 pm: Edit

Didn't prep a lot.. My weaknesses were that I didn't know a lot of SAT vocabulary, so I got this Kaplan book three days before the test called "SAT 1600" and it really helped me to eliminate wrong answers in those sections, even if I didn't understand all of the words.

It's a great book, even for last-minute studiers like me! Anyone who is aiming for a 1500+ should read it. :)

By Beenthereil (Beenthereil) on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 07:39 pm: Edit

Terrific scores, skies.

Congrats from Chicagoland.

By Madrigal (Madrigal) on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 05:22 pm: Edit

Same thing happened to me. When I went to the site and saw 800 and 800, I was really excited, but worried that it could be some kind of mistake online. When I got my score sheet in the mail my scores were confirmed! Congratualtions on your scores!!

By Dschnapps (Dschnapps) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 08:57 pm: Edit

Same as Madrigal. I got the same splits as you and was incredulous. But don't sell yourself short! Congratulations!

By Cogito (Cogito) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 08:38 am: Edit

Same thing happened to me this morning with a double 800-- only I haven't confirmed it on the score report yet!! :)

By Skiesofamber (Skiesofamber) on Friday, June 06, 2003 - 10:46 am: Edit

haha, I don't think anyone who has gotten a 1590 could feel like such a slacker.. congrats to all you 1600-ers. (Just know that people like you break the CURVE, lol)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page