Ap test... on essay booklet.. pen????? help!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Ap test... on essay booklet.. pen????? help!
By Cooljay687 (Cooljay687) on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 10:52 am: Edit

I took the ap english lang a few days ago and on the essay booklet on the back, i wrote my name and stuff in PENCIL and then sealed it. i took american history yesterday and they said pen only, so would they not be able to see my name cuz its in pencil for the AP ENG? thanx

By Rocket1406 (Rocket1406) on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 12:01 pm: Edit

They are probably going to invalidate your test if you did it in PENCIL because you cannot sign it in PENCIL.

By Me1 (Me1) on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 12:05 pm: Edit

The back part isn't where u sign on AP Eng. (if I am remembering correctly). On the SAT, u sign in pencil (I did and nothing happened to my scores, so I don't think pencil signatures are invalid). I don't think anything bad will happen. I used whiteout instead of crossing out b/c the teacher didn't tell us not to so my mom called AP and they said that I won't be penalized (the school had to file a report or something tho to prevent me from being penalized).

By Jenniferpa (Jenniferpa) on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 01:32 pm: Edit

I got this from a teacher who had a kid who did the same thing. Readers will make every effort to read your paper, no matter what it's written in. The problem with pencil is that it can rub off and quickly become illegible. For this reason pen is better, but they will try to read it even if it's in pencil

By Cooljay687 (Cooljay687) on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 02:45 pm: Edit

No no, Jenniferpa I apologize if I was unclear. You know on the essay booklet, on the BACK, you have to write your name and school code and etc and then tear the perforated area and seal it for anonymous grading. I wrote this info in PENCIL and found out that it was supposed to be wrriten in pen. Will this affect me in anyway, perhaps after they grade my essay, I wont be identified properly??

By Jenniferpa (Jenniferpa) on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 05:21 pm: Edit

Mm, sorry I misunderstood. I think the only way to check this is get your AP coordinator to call ETS and ask. I'm guessing this isn't the first time this has happened, so they must have some way of handling it.

By Sixtoes (Sixtoes) on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 05:32 pm: Edit

no, because you have the ap sticker thing on it. thats the only really important thing.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 05:53 pm: Edit

It doesn't matter. When I was taking the Calc test, no one in the room had a pen (it was a math test after all) so the proctors just said to use a pencil. That part is sealed just so the readers won't know whose papers they are reading.

By Dori (Dori) on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 09:38 pm: Edit

remember those stickers with your code on them? the code number is attached to your name somewhere along the line, so if your info is illegibe for some reason they'll just use the code. i suspect the use the code anyway. then a computer can do all the thinking.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page