"Get a good night's sleep" before APs

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: "Get a good night's sleep" before APs
By Smiley (Smiley) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 11:16 pm: Edit

On the days before AP exams, the teachers in my school tell us we should just not study late, should go to bed early (9:00ish)... Before each of the 3 exams I've taken, I've stayed up 'til like 2:00 or later studying. In each case, the stuff that I've studied has helped me a lot on the exam. I'm really not a procrastinator who saves all the studying 'til the last night. It's just that with 5 AP exams there isn't time to be totally ready for each one going to bed at 9:00. I hope I've gotten 4s/5s, but I know I did better than I would have had I gotten that good night's sleep... any thoughts?

By Steffie1212002 (Steffie1212002) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 11:22 pm: Edit

It depends if you were really tired. If you were still alert, it'd work. But the tired brain can't absorb much information.

As for me, studying the night before DID NOT help (considering I studied Vietnam, and not ONE question about Vietnam was on the APUSH test). Getting more zzzzs probably would have helped more.

By Stanfordhopeful (Stanfordhopeful) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 11:25 pm: Edit

Ditto. Last minute cramming really helped me out on the US History exam.

By Noclass (Noclass) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 11:27 pm: Edit

Hey stanford, can you answer my question in Calc. AB aftermath, please

By Erika (Erika) on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 12:56 am: Edit

Don't alter your typical schedule too much. I have weird sleeping habits and I typically go to bed around 2 AM on school nights. If I go to bed more than an hour earlier, I'm unbelievably tired the next day. If you sleep more than usual, your body will be thrown off. Use the time to cram a little bit. I think it does help.

By Nyla (Nyla) on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 01:29 am: Edit

i crammed until 11 and then woke up at 5 to study again which made me tense but then the same stuff i studied had been on the test so that felt good i like sleep tho

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page