Comparative Government Help!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Comparative Government Help!
By Dazedhyacinth (Dazedhyacinth) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 08:37 pm: Edit

I'm taking the comp gov exam on Wed. and I'm scared. How can I prep? What should I cram on? What are the perdicted free responce? My teacher is profoundly unhelpful...it's unbelievable. I've heard from a guy who got a 5 on it that the best way to prep is to binge on fairly recents issues of Current History and the Times because the test emphasizes current stuff. Is that true?

By Confetti (Confetti) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 08:58 pm: Edit

meh, my teacher isn't helpful either -- we're not even done with Mexico/Third World Countries yet ... and the two books I have are from 1999, so I'm missing important recent information. >=^(

I know a few people who got 4's and 5's -- they told me to become very familiar with two countries b/c in the free response, they ask you to choose two countries and compare. So really, you'd only have to know a significant amount of information on two countries. Don't hold me to that, though, because I have nooo idea.

REA is the only book with Comparative Government in it, so I'm going to use that, old notes I took, and online resources. Eh, I don't feel prepared at all. =^/

By Ccsgrl (Ccsgrl) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 10:07 am: Edit

I got a 5 on Comp and trust me, if I got a 5 it can't be that hard. I think you study 5 countries, right? Two optional (I did Russia and Mexico) and something...eh. Well, for m.c, you need to read your textbook- even if its boring and tedious, read it anyway b/c you will need to know the structure, history (ex: who was the pm of england in XXXX) and stuff like that. For Essay, which is really BS-able, READ! I suggest "The Economist". I did journals on articles and they helped me remember contemporary issues which is pivotal to writing good essays. Be sure to stock up on European Union, bound to be on, some historical trends in politics (ie: Mexican & Russian political corruption...I wrote about Russian Mafias-haha) and etc. good luck

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page