Got a question about aps

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Got a question about aps
By Johnnyd (Johnnyd) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 07:45 pm: Edit

I got a 2 on the euro and a 2 on the calc bc
but i got a 4 on the u.s. history and a 5 on the chem.

how does that look?

all my other stats are just a little above average

By Nocalguy (Nocalguy) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 08:08 pm: Edit

It looks like you're not so great in math and european history and better at U.S. History and Chem. With the curves on these Aps, there's really no excuse to getting less than a "3"

By Jenniferpa (Jenniferpa) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 08:22 pm: Edit

Or alternatively, you have bad teachers in those subjects. If you did well in US history and poorly in european history, unless you had a really bad day (last year I assume), I would think it had to be bad teaching.

By Nocalguy (Nocalguy) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 09:10 pm: Edit

That's a poor excuse. With the availability of prep books these days, you can get a "3" using a book alone. I had a horrible chemistry teacher last year (who thought 3 to the third power was 9) and still got a "5" If you read your textbook and/or a prep book, a "3" is not out of the question. That's usually about 30-40% correct for most tests if not lower.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 09:46 pm: Edit

I read REA's and I get under 40% on practice tests (ap us history) so the books dont matter much. Also, I dont think the score matters much in admissions. You just have to take them again in college.

By Nocalguy (Nocalguy) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 11:29 pm: Edit

REA is the best book for US History AP. Nearly everyone in my class last year had one. EVERYONE in the class got at least a "3" It was about half 4's and half 5's with a couple of people getting 3's.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page