SAT II: easiest subject?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: SAT II: easiest subject?
By Jje (Jje) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 07:18 pm: Edit

Not including the writing and math tests (ic&iic, which one is easiest?

By Me1 (Me1) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 07:22 pm: Edit

I think it just depends what you're good @ and what classes you've learned the most in. Buy Real SAT IIs, look through, & see which best match your skills. O yea, if you speak any foreign language fluently, that would be the obvious. Anything you're taking an AP in is probably good, provided you're doing relatively well w/the subject.

By Quarky (Quarky) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 07:22 pm: Edit

maybe physics?

By Stanfordhopeful (Stanfordhopeful) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 07:24 pm: Edit

Physics is NOT easy. The curve is generous, but the potential for silly mistakes is great as well.

I wouldn't recommend taking the Physics test unless you've taken an AP course or have been preparing for the exam for several weeks...

By Heythere (Heythere) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 07:38 pm: Edit

Isn't biology supposed to be the easiest?

By Poutingminotaur (Poutingminotaur) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 07:42 pm: Edit

i think the biology is like the physics test. the curve is generous, but there are places for stupid mistakes, and tricky answers. i thought the history tests werent that hard. its long so it requires quick reading, but the questions are very straight forward.

By Apguy (Apguy) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 07:45 pm: Edit

World History. If you have good knowledge of world history through an honors/AP course then you can do pretty easily on it. The questions are very general opposed to the US Hist. test which is very specific. The only bad thing about it is that if you want to do some in-depth prep you are going to need A LOT of time covering so much history in so many countries...

By Nocalguy (Nocalguy) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 08:07 pm: Edit

Chinese. If you don't know Chinese, it might be kinda hard:)

By Booboo2 (Booboo2) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 06:39 pm: Edit

lol good one nocalguy..GO MANDARIN =D

oh the history sat 2 is hella hard..compared to the ap mcs..just to let ya know

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 07:04 pm: Edit

What sucks about the Chinese test is that you can get a 770 and you end up under 30%ile.

By Apguy (Apguy) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 07:45 pm: Edit

>>oh the history sat 2 is hella hard..compared to the ap mcs..just to let ya know <<

On US history or world? I took regular world history (not even honors) and only reviewed the 40 or so pages in the PR book and got a 600. Not great by any means but much better than I expected. I'm not even good at world history, my sibling forced me to take it.

By Chasgoose (Chasgoose) on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 01:26 am: Edit

Well the sciences are the most disheartening tests that you can take because you feel like you are a complete moron after taking them, until you get your scores and are amazed by the glorious curve that gives you a very high score. What I am trying to say is that the sciences have very high curves so the actual number of correct answers necessary to get a good score is not that high. Just make sure that if you are taking multiple exams that you take your science one last so you don't feel totally worthless going into the next test.

By Futuredoctor (Futuredoctor) on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 12:41 pm: Edit

What is the curve like for the Biology SAT 2 (how many questions wrong can you get to get an 800?...).

By Vaj (Vaj) on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 01:05 pm: Edit

yes, same question for history. Lets say I omitted about 10 and got another five wrong...what would be my score?

By Futuredoctor (Futuredoctor) on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 05:56 pm: Edit

Bump.....

By Greenmoo04 (Greenmoo04) on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 11:01 pm: Edit

SAT2 World History is HARD! haha, I reviewed so much last year for the AP test, and passed the AP, but got a 530 on the SAT2! That's terrible. I reviewed a lot more for the AP US History, but debating whether or not to take that test. Please advise.

By Studiousvegetar (Studiousvegetar) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 02:55 pm: Edit

If I study for AP bio is the material similar for bio sat IIS? Which is easier E or M?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page