~~~CALC AB DIRECTIONS~~~CONFUSED

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: ~~~CALC AB DIRECTIONS~~~CONFUSED
By Chemos (Chemos) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 05:56 pm: Edit

How exactly are the CALC AB test administered? There is a calc, and non calc part, and two sections. The first part is MC, but after a certain # of q's, you are suppose to use a calc, but not the first part. How are they going to make sure I dont use a calc for the first part where it wasnt intended if its part of the same section? Do i just take out my calculator?

Also, Section2 is free-responses, which says some are noncalc, and soem are calc. How are they going to know which ones I use calc and which ones I dont?

By Chemos (Chemos) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 06:10 pm: Edit

bump

By Chemos (Chemos) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 06:10 pm: Edit

bump

By Dxiw (Dxiw) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 06:33 pm: Edit

its really like 4 sections. After the first they will say, stop, put your pencil down. now get ouit your calc and do the next section. then they will see stop put away the calc, do the next section, and then they will say stop pencil down get out the calc. dont owrry itll be very clear tommorrow morning :)

By Dontknow (Dontknow) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 09:30 pm: Edit

yeah, youll understand tomorrow.
SECTION I
part a: 28 questions without calculator
Part b: 17 questions with calculator

SECTION II
part a: 3 free- response w/ calculator
part b: 3 more free-response w/o calculator (but you can work on any six of the FR questions)

By Chemos (Chemos) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 09:46 pm: Edit

thnx guys~~

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page