Emergency- Help! (AP)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Emergency- Help! (AP)
By Me1 (Me1) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 03:40 pm: Edit

On the AP English exam, I used whiteout in the essay section. After already using it, I was informed that we were not allowed to. The teacher said that the thing we signed said we agreed to not use whiteout. However, I and other people read it, and no one thinks it said it. Did it say that? What will happen? Can they fail me for using whiteout? I was not trying to cheat and I had no idea that we were not allowed to use it. People used it last year on the essays for other exams, so I figured that it was fine. Did they somehow change the whiteout policy?

I know this is absolutely the most stupid question, but now I'm SO worried that they would give me a 1 or unscorable on the essays or discount my test for cheating.

By Apguy (Apguy) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 04:20 pm: Edit

I didn't take the exam so I can't say for sure, but I doubt that they would keep you from using white out. Even if they did, I doubt they would give you a 1. It's not like using white-out opens up the possibility to cheat or anything. That seems totally irrational. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you...

By Me1 (Me1) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 04:26 pm: Edit

Thank-you for the advice... I don't see why it's a big deal, and yesterday I just stopped using it when they said to & didn't think about it, but today the teacher was like yelling @ me for it. I don't see any harm from it. It just makes it easier for the graders to read. If it were a rule, I think they should be more clear about it, because out of everyone I know who took the exam, no one remembers it saying no whiteout under the rules.

By Me1 (Me1) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 05:18 pm: Edit

*bump*
Anyone else have an opinion?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page